Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to sous vide this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you seasoned before the water bath and after the water bath? The reason I ask is that I seasoned some corned beef for pastrami and was worried that if I sous vide it with the seasoning on it before smoking it, it may be too intense by the time I got done smoking it after the water bath.

Comment

I was concerned as well, which is why I used the flat to experiment with. The flavor from the grill wasn't too intense, had a smoky kiawe flavor and none too salty. I don't believe that the flavor intensifies when using the bath as a result I always add flavor before finishing. I used the Chef Steps recipe for "smoky brisket" including brining and injecting. Now if your brisket is already corned beef, I wouldn't add anything until placing on grill. I'm going to do that for my pastrami but will cook both for 48 hours at 132F. Then I will put the rub on the the pastrami and smoke, after cooling overnight in the refrigerator, as cold meat absorbs smoke better than warm meat (as per Meathead).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here