Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Boneless Leg 'o Lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Boneless Leg 'o Lamb

I'm about to SV a boneless leg of lamb, and was curious if anyone in here has done this before. Any suggestions??
    Thanks!

Haven't done leg of lamb but I'd treat it like a prime rib. Cook it at your preferred serving temp. How thick is that baby?
    typically takes 30 minutes per inch for temp to travel to the center of large hunks of meat.

Comment

Trimmed, seasoned and all rolled up.... about 4" thick. I was thinking 130-135 for about 8 hours or so.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        That should work great! Yum!!! Making me drool on my keyboard just thinking about it. Let us know how it works.

Brian/S Wow! We need to see some pictures of this cook. Don't hold out on us brother!!

Comment

Details are coming... starting this tomorrow morning before work.

Comment

Postponed... this will begin tomorrow instead of today.

Comment

This thread got me thinking of sous vide frog legs before a quick HOT fry. Hmmmmmm

Comment

That sounds good. I would think somewhere along the lines of wings, or chicken legs. Perhaps not quite so high a temp...130-140ish, 30-45 mins?? Finding them in my area is hit or miss.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, here too. Next trip I make back home to southwest Louisiana some are coming back with me. Always liked them, but since frogs jump a lot (go figure), they could use some sous vide to get a bit more tender.

In it goes... 3.06 lbs of succulent leg 'o lamb

Comment

After 9 1/2 hrs, and 7 mins under the broiler....

Comment

By far... the most tender, tastiest leg 'o lamb I've had. However, go easy on the salt. I dry-brined this hunk of meat a day before. I seasoned it with rosemary, salt and garlic. It was just a tad bit salty. Nonetheless... it was extremely tender and had that succulent, lamb flavor that I craved. Sous Vide lamb is certainly the way to go... if you have the time.

Comment

Nice. I'm very careful to keep salt away after dry brining.

Comment

I also want to add... my wife didn't like the lamb that I did last year. I roasted it in the oven, She said that it was too dry, and gamey tasting. On this cook... she fell in love with lamb again. She said that it was soooo, tender and tasty. One of our son's, who doesn't care much for meat, loved it as well. It was almost like a prime rib tender, with that wonderful taste of lamb. **Hint** if you are serving this to people who don't like the "gamey" taste that is associated with lamb, then just trim off some of the excess fat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here