Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So today is my birthday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So today is my birthday...

and I got an Anova "Hot Tub Time Machine". Woot! Now what do I cook? Steak? I'm thinking steak. What's the best recipe?

Happy to you Boss!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
      Happy to you Boss!

Thanks Jon Solberg!

Comment

Happy B'day Boss!! Steak sounds mighty fine

Comment

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you... yada, yada, yada - I never was much of a singer! My first Anova cook was wild Pacific Northwest salmon, and it was perfect. We have done chicken for many different uses, and tonight we are doing scallops for Coquille St Jacques. My wife loves the Anova and has adopted it as her own. More time for me to spend out in the back yard!

Comment

Thanks Curtis! Steak is high on the options list for sure

Comment

David Parrish, Happy BirthDay Dear David, Happy BirthDay to Yooou, Happeey BirthDaaaye to Yooooeu, HHHaa......, Get Plastered You Ba----d, and Maneeey Mooore! Post Pics! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Happy birthday David Parrish! Eat steak!

Comment

Too much birthday make ya older.

Comment

Thanks guys! Dan is it really that cold in Fargo? That's outrageous.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                      fuzzydaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      and the "feels like" is -28. Wow.

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Iknowright?

• Danjohnston949
                      Danjohnston949 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Boss, I might said something before? I killed the neighbors dog this morning, I had to run to the store, Auto Start makes it Possible, Jumped into the Pickup and backed out of the driveway. I kept hearing and feeling something going thump, I figured it was just flat spots on the tires due to the Cold! I got to the Corner Store and took a better look, There Was The Neighbors Dog still Stuck to The Wheel, Broke the Poor Things Neck? That's My Story and I'm Stick'n To It! Dan

Happy Birthday PB. Great excuse to enjoy a nice steak!

Comment

Happy bday boss. What time is supper and I'll have a glass of wine with you😀

Comment

Got 6 skinless chicken breasts rolling at 155 right now.

Comment

Happy birthday, Dave! Three best recipe for steak, IMHO: pre-sear about one minute per side in very hot cast iron with a good citation of fat - I liked to use either ghee or beef tallow. Take a couple/few cloves of garlic and smash them using the side of your chef's knife. Put them in a 1 gallon zipper freezer bag. You can also add a couple of stalks of fresh thyme if you want. Put the steak in the bag and add a generous amount of oil (I use EVOO). You want the oil to envelope the steak when the air is removed. Don't zip the bag closed. Pre-heart the HTTM to your desired IT (I like 124°F) and place the bag into the cooking pot so that the steak is completely submerged but three water doesn't go above the hi water line on the Anova. Clip the open top of the bag to the rim of the pot with a clothes pin or binder clip. Cook for 60 minutes at least. Remove the steak from the bag when ready to eat and blot it tdry with paper towels. Sear it again the same at as before, except this time, season the side that's up with salt. After flipping, season the seared side with salt. Group the steak with kitchen tongs and hold it sideways and sear the perimeter for about 10-15 second before turning to the next spot. Slice and enjoy.

DEW

Comment

• David Parrish
                            David Parrish commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Dave! Uh, why pre sear?

For you cast iron folks, how hot is too hot? CrayCort grates over the SnS get really, really hot. I've got the griddle insert as well. Should I use that? Ernest I know you've done this kind of thing before. What do you recommend?

Comment

• Dewesq55
                            Dewesq55 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have done 650 and our was ok. You have to be careful you don't burn your fat, mainly.

• ribeyeguy
                            ribeyeguy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            According to my wife I need to burn a whole lot of my fat.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here