Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay.....

I'm finally looking into this and it seems like there's quite a few options. One option seems to be a stick like object that I clip onto a water filled bowl. Another option appears to be an all in one machine where I put the food in a bag, push it into the machine and it does its magic. Is there a consensus out there as to which is the way to go?

I like the Anova stick looking deal. Got a Rubbermaid tub with lid for bigger jobs, or attach it to a pot for small jobs.

Pretty sure Meathead has the other supreme version.

Comment

Immersion circulators (the stick) are the way to go for us home users, IMHO. You can get (and keep) a large volume of water hot with one for days. I have a "beer cooler" which I have modified to be a sous vide vessel for my Anova which is big enough to hold full racks of ribs, a whole brisket or large pork butt.

Comment

A stick will give you more options. With the machine, you're stuck with one size container.

Comment

If i were to get one, I would get the stick. As others have stated, more versatility.

Comment

Here is my modified Rubbermaid. The lid was cut to allow space for the unit. I invert the lid. I notched the container in order to lower the mounting bracket, that way the bottom of the unit isn't far from the bottom of the container.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't know you have sharks in Texas!

A stick and a beer cooler (large or small or one of each depending on needs/wants) are hard to beat. The cooler is more efficient at retaining heat, so more efficient that a pot or plastic tub. I have the Anova and only thing I'm sorry about is not waiting for the wifi version that is out now.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              The WiFi Anova is in my Amazon shopping cart and I'm almost ready to order...maybe tomorrow.

Well the stick seems to be the clear winner so that much is settled. Any suggestions as to which one? When I do an Amazon search it comes up with quite a few different models.

Comment

ribeyeguy, I'm leaning toward Anova because they've been around for a couple of years, I've seen several folks here recommend it, and seems to be popular/rate well on Amazon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here