Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide pastrami coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all laid out on the main site....second sandwich, kiddies are eating it up. I cut with the grain to separate it, showed the two pieces, youngest noticed the "lines" of the muscle fibers on one piece.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks amazing! Pastrami is the best.

Comment

Wowzers, that looks fantastic. I have to try this!

Comment

JEEZ!!! This should be my next project!!

Comment

Ernest It goes fast. I'm tempted to start another one.

Comment

Jerod Broussard I'm thing it should have been plenty tender after the SV, curious to know why you took it to 203.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Experimentation. And it wasn't really overly tender. I didn't have problems with slices staying together when sliced across the grain and things totally falling apart that is indicative of an overcooked brisket. But they did break on command.

I'm thinking a thick point might definitely need 201 or so, or 48 instead 40 hours on the sous vide. I know my first one the point wasn't near as tender with an all the way smoke and steam.

• Ernest
                Ernest commented
                Editing a comment
                I hate the flat so I'll go get a point. I need to try this.

Ok, need some help here. I have a brisket from Snake River Farms and am looking for a sous vide recipe. I will separate the point and the flat, then cut the flat in half (don't wanna mess up a whole Wagyu brisket) as you've recommended. Now I will dust liberally with a rub and hold for 24 hours prior to the sous vide bath or brine it. Brining is the ChefSteps recipe. I will sous vide for 48 hours as recommended by ChefSteps, 155 degrees. Please give this some thought and help walk me through this.

Comment

We are. However I will chill after cooking, then use the SNS to add smoke, then sear. Thanks, and I'll post pictures.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Good deal. Good luck!!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here