Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not using Sous Vide technique enough !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have never SV'ed and then froze----always SV the day of consumption---always for steaks & pork chops----did ribs once, but did not like the result----ribs benefit greatly from smoking which you don't get from SV---bottom line: love my Anova!

Comment

• RlsRls
      RlsRls commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks All, for your feedback. Obviously I misunderstood "shock, chill, and store" for shock and freeze! never made sense to me as well! I SV, sear and serve with great results!

I have been making great steaks for over 40 years.

I haven't sous vide anything yet. I don't see the need to put my expensive meat at risk of water damage when the current product meets or exceeds my current expectations.

It's not just buying a SV machine... You need a vacuum sealer and bags to go along with it.

I just can't justify the expense. I can't see how SV is going to make any meat more tender and juicier than my current dry brine and reverse sear technique.

Comment

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      rickgregory, if the bags leak, it's exactly the same.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatever. That's not really a worry and no, it's not the same in technique at all but you seem to want to not learn and I have other things to do.

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      rickgregory, I'm sorry you feel that way...

I was looking forward to your scientific take. I consider you one of the more intelligent people on AR.

And apparently, pretty busy...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here