Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I have the "lack of water circulation w/ range top sous vide" problem solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have the "lack of water circulation w/ range top sous vide" problem solved

Going to use the adapter for my Auber fan that I use on the Pit Barrel. It is 1". I will reduce it down to 1/2" down into the water, and somehow attach it to the pot.

I'll then set the Auber temp for some value way over the water temp, that it will in turn keep the fan blowing, and thus keep the water circulating throughout the cook.

Isn't it way too powerful of a fan for a simple circulation?

Comment

Time will tell.

I got plenty large pots.

Comment

All you need is an aquarium pump and an air stone. A normal stone may not last in the high heat, but you can make a bubbler by drilling some small holes in a piece of copper tubing, or the flexible tubing itself and plugging the end.
        Last edited by mgaretz; October 18, 2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          All I need right now is about $4-5 worth of pipe and I am good to go. I got my 1/2"- 90 attached to a short nipple.
          Last edited by Jerod Broussard; October 18, 2015, 07:32 AM.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll now check out this stuff. Thanks for the information!!!

BUMMER!!!!

The fan is not strong enough to produce circulation. It won't move a thing under water. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

**I'm wondering if I could attach some 1/2" copper tubing and drill tiny holes in it, if that would give it "circulating abilities."
        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; October 18, 2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably not. The fan can move air but sounds like not with enough force to overcome the water pressure.

Bilge pump

Comment

Aquarium pumps are made for this, more pressure; I use one, and the stone bubbler. No problems with the stone from heat, but this wasn't on the stove. I used an immersion heater (to make a cup of tea, etc.), 500W. A little slower than the Anova, but it got there with about 10 gallons of water and very little overshoot. Still cheap.

Comment

Thanks all, got a pump lined up.

Comment

Yeeehaw!!!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_13818.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	116648
            Last edited by Jerod Broussard; October 18, 2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here