Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Me Your Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a hearty beef and vegetable soup that was a throw together one evening with left over chuck roast and what we found in the veggie drawer of our fridg. Not sure if anyone using this product, but what put this soup/stew over the top was the use of Butcher's Bone Broth. I highly recommend it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stew 03.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	991699

Name:	stew 05.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	991700

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      HEB where else . They have it in chicken as well.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That figures. Good old HEB!

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      I discovered their products just a few weeks ago. Gelatinous broth just like the good home made stuff? Sign me up!

My two favorite soups. Beef Barley and Cheddar Broccoli soup. My son will only eat my broccoli soup because he likes that I put carrots in it too.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. Just what everyone needs to sit down to this frigid days.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Love cheddar broccoli soup, well done !!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hadda mention, I LOVES me some cheddar broccoli soup, an often add in Mondo BACON!!!

Beef vegetable with rice. Somewhat of a clean the fridge soup, although some items were intentionally purchased. Homemade stock and leftover prime rib were the two main ingredients.

Name:	20210223_181725.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	994472

Comment

Frijoles a la Charra .....

Click image for larger version  Name:	frijoles 01.jpg Views:	3 Size:	162.5 KB ID:	994830
      Click image for larger version  Name:	frijoles 02.jpg Views:	3 Size:	601.3 KB ID:	994832

Click image for larger version  Name:	frijoles 03.jpg Views:	3 Size:	796.0 KB ID:	994834

Click image for larger version  Name:	frijoles 04.jpg Views:	3 Size:	898.0 KB ID:	994836

Click image for larger version  Name:	frijoles 05.jpg Views:	3 Size:	507.9 KB ID:	994831

Click image for larger version  Name:	frijoles 06.jpg Views:	3 Size:	688.2 KB ID:	994835

Click image for larger version  Name:	frijoles 07.jpg Views:	3 Size:	682.4 KB ID:	994833

Last edited by Troutman; February 24, 2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John beer is a great choice just don’t use The Brewed Abides that Red Man was drinking the other day. 🤣🤣🍻🍻

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh don’t worry SheilaAnn I used to follow Red Man and try all his cooking tips, until I found out he wears plaid panties while cooking in the snow. Everyone knows you should wear striped panties for winter time grilling.
        Last edited by Panhead John; February 25, 2021, 08:38 PM.

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Plaid is the only way to go Panhead John, but you can do it wrong if you want to.

Is this the soup corner?

Name:	Soup.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	995324

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        It is, and you certainly pass muster with that offering sir !!!!

Riff on a traditional Sardinian fregula and clam soup. Don't have a source for fregula (a small, ball-bearing shaped pasta) so we make it with Israeli couscous. A few saffron threads take it over the top.

Name:	PXL_20210226_050032181.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	995787

Comment

• andy.wpg
        andy.wpg commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful fare!
        Troutman before I saw your comment, I was thinking: "My PBC turkey soup looks pedestrian next to that!" Feeling rather inadequate at soup making now 🙁

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That sir.....is Ernest worthy! In fact when I first saw the pic I thought it was gonna be from him. 👍

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Panhead John. But I can only aspire to Ernest 's masterpieces.

Portuguese Kale Soup
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s been too long since I made that one. Yours looks great.

I've been on a bit of a soup kick the last few weeks...

French Onion...

Name:	IMG_2128.JPEG
Views:	231
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	997136

Name:	IMG_2126.JPEG
Views:	238
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	997134

Shrimp and Corn Soup

Name:	IMG_2106.JPEG
Views:	246
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	997133

Ham and Bean Soup

Name:	IMG_2105.JPEG
Views:	229
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	997135

Comment

clb239 French onion soup is my Achilles heel! I don’t make it often because I follow Thomas Keller’s recipe and it’s hours in the making. Probably more than most have the patience for. But it’s worth it, imho. And I spend for the better cheese. Again, my treat to myself. Your soup looks amazing!

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, French onion is absolutely devine !!!

Made an Indian spiced soup tonight. I started with the recipe for Curried Carrot Celery Soup because we've been overwhelmed with CSA carrots and celery. This is a fun recipe, relying on a traditional Indian pressure cooker, and so at one point one is instructed to "close the pressure cooker lid and give four whistles". I chose to merely simmer conventionally until the veggies were tender before moving to the food Dremel step.

And of course, since I never leave well enough alone, I had a bit of fennel and some tomatoes left from the CSA basket, and so in they went. I put in a few more Indian spices, too: some turmeric, coriander powder and amchur (mango powder). Oh, and of course there was a jalapeno with half its seeds. And to calm and mellow things a bit at the end, it got some cream.

I served it up as they suggested, with sunflower seeds and fresh cilantro. Grocery store naan went great with it.

This was very tasty and will certainly be an option again to cut the carrot and celery inventory.

Name:	2021-03-11 19.01.27.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	1002534

Name:	2021-03-11 19.01.37.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1002535

Comment

Y'all have some serious soup game!

Comment

Love making Beef Pho (Pho Bo). The Instant Pot is a Pho machine!
            Sorry about the last photo - we were hungry and dug in before I could snap a photo!

Click image for larger version  Name:	PC251803.JPG Views:	0 Size:	7.33 MB ID:	1002923

Click image for larger version  Name:	PC251804.JPG Views:	0 Size:	7.51 MB ID:	1002919Click image for larger version  Name:	PC251805.JPG Views:	0 Size:	7.11 MB ID:	1002922Click image for larger version  Name:	PC251808.JPG Views:	0 Size:	7.59 MB ID:	1002921

Comment

Bean and bacon soup.

Name:	20210315_190440.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1004308

Comment

A cooler and very rainy day here today, so it was time to revive this thread. As noted above when jhapka made some, I've been wanting some caldo verde, or Portuguese sausage and kale soup. I used some of the smoked sausage I got at UF Friday and used up half a bag of Rancho Gordo garbanzos I had on hand. CSA potatoes and kale rounded it out. And the good news is there's enough for tomorrow night, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-04-11 17.39.55.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	1016514

Comment

• jhapka
                  jhapka commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just finished the frozen leftovers last week. Wouldn’t have ever made it if misfits market didn’t send me kale I had to find a use for. Now I have kale started for the garden. Your iteration looks delicious! Higher quality ingredients for sure

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  good stuff.

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not a big kale fan here (unless offset by something sweet) but boy that soup looks tasty. Thanks for continuing this thread, keeps soup on my agenda !!!

Chicken and wild rice soup made with Battle River wild rice. Dairy free for my wife using my favorite heavy cream replacement - homemade cashew cream. Good accompaniment to 2” of April snow.

Battle River Wild Rice - We plant, cultivate, harvest, and package the rice right here on our family farm. You deserve to know where your food comes from.
                Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                  SheilaAnn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks so comforting!

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks amazing !!

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dayummm!!!)

How much, fer a Gallon???

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here