Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatheads chilli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatheads chilli

I got a new cast iron 6 qt. pot/Dutch oven last week on sale at Home Hardware and I decided to make some chilli in and it turned out great. My wife says this is the best chilli I have made to date. I used 2# of hamburger and I smoked it first before it went into the chilli on the Primo for a couple of hours. I also added some tomato paste to Meatheads recipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D366C72F-AE89-4D70-8FF8-46358258BB44.jpeg
Views:	361
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	926407

It's definitely that time of year.

Comment

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Chili and gumbo days. Yessir!

We had our first pot of chili for this "season" two nights ago. Yum. I really like the looks of yours! 😋

Comment

Chili is on deck fer later this week...

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        beans or not beans: That is the question.

• DesertRaider
        DesertRaider commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqLuv Depends on if you're sleeping alone, or just want to.

This week, mine will definitely include beans...

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        I dunno about those beans, don't want to get those Texan's all riled up now do we.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        When I make Texas Red, no beans...

When I make regional chili, beans go in.

Two very different dishes.

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m with Mr. Bones!

As long as each bowl has a tablespoon of brown sugar in it beans or no beans makes no difference.
      I never eat a bowl of chili without a tablespoon of brown sugar in it.
      Trust me on this one and give it a try.
      Especially if it is spicy.

Comment

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I put some brown sugar in too, my wife did not want it spicy.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea, not in a million years would I have considered brown sugar in chili.

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        That 6 quart enamel coated cast iron pot with lid was on a close sale for C$79 which I thought was a good price.

Chili is a plant and used as seasoning in all types of food around the world. Chile con carne is chili with meat, chili beans is chili with beans, and chili con carne with beans is chili with meat and beans. Got That!
      I like all three above chilies, but what would you expect from the NW Oregon?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here