Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PJ’s Authentic Texas Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PJ’s Authentic Texas Chili

I must admit, since joining AR, it has really helped me "up" my cooking game a lot! Especially in the Chili department. As a show of gratitude I’d like to share my Panhead Family Texas Chili recipe with everyone. This is a recipe that has been handed down for generations in my family. In fact it’s rumored that my great-great-great grandpa, Pheoneus Panhead, was one of the collaborators in the origins of clam chowder! His incomparable culinary mind was ahead of his time. This will be the first time our recipe has left the family. We thought it is time to share this gift with the rest of the world. This is Authentic Texas Chili at its finest. Enjoy! Ingredients are as follows:

1lb of ground turkey meat (armadillo is best if you can find it in season)
    1 can of chili no beans (this will be the base for the chili)
    1 can of red kidney beans. (A MUST for any chili head worth his salt)
    1 can each of corn, chicken breast meat and pineapple (for topping)
    1 cup of Organic Kale (adds incredible flavor)
    1 or 2 carrots ( can’t have too many carrots if ya ask me)
    1 small acorn squash (for texture and a really deep chili flavor)
    A pinch each of chili powder and cumin (maybe 1/8 tsp each)
    Tortilla Chips (For thickening and a boost of corn flavor)
    2 Quarts of fish stock (beef broth has been done to death)

In a medium size pot start simmering the canned chili, allowing time for the flavors to meld, about one hour. In the meantime scoop out the innards of the acorn squash and mix in a blender until smooth. Save some of the skin as a topping along with the pineapple. Take the ground turkey and canned chicken and mix together in a bowl. Cook in the microwave until done, usually 3-4 minutes. Cut up the carrots and put in a crockpot along with the fish stock. Add all remaining ingredients except for the tortilla chips and pineapple. Cook on low for 8 hours. At the 7 hour mark, crumble up some tortilla chips and add as needed to thicken the chili. When done, serve your guests this scrumptious chili in a bowl and add the pineapple chunks as a topping. Be sure and make plenty! I’m sure they will all come back for seconds, or even thirds!
    Please visit my website.....www.stupidpanheadrecipes.com for even more culinary delights!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; September 11, 2020, 10:27 AM.

Where's the canned tuna? This outrage must not stand!!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I used it all in my clam chowder.
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 11, 2020, 06:37 AM.

Ok, hold the phone here!!!! Panhead John
    -red Kidney beans????
    -diced pineapple????
    What happened to Texas Red Chili????
    I kinda remember pickin up all kinds a grief for using those ingredients in chili....

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi! My name is Panhead John. Sometimes I use sarcastic humor.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      DUDE!!!!....and I took the bait hook line and sinker....
      Nicely played
      I'm going to bed now

🤣🤣👍🤣

Comment

A little heavy on the chili.powder, dontcha think?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That thar was funny.
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 11, 2020, 06:37 AM.

All turkey is ground turkey - they don't fly.

When, exactly, is Armadillo season?

And WHY do I continually have to stress that 'dillo is for PIZZA?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Armadillo season is usually during the summer months, when most of us are on the road traveling by car. That is why I always stress to stop after hitting one immediately! You never know when your next chance will be! They can be frozen for up to 6 months with no appreciable loss of texture.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I always carried a cooler with ice when driving thru the game reserve - gave me a good gamey meal at least once a week!

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      An armadillo does not fit under a lowered camaro going 80mph. (Dripping springs Tx 1999).

The jig was up with the to many greats in the grandfather scenario, let alone turkey, corn, pineapple........ I’ll just stick with the greats, two to many.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      It took me a year Panhead John to win a Texas Hold'em game on the river once I moved here to Missoura.. It took another year to fully unnerstan Mr. Bones

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      First read with these two, you’re like huh? Then, oh I get it! They do it on purpose just to confuse us!
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 11, 2020, 04:33 AM.

I would share this with my Daughter in Santa Cruz but she would want me to fix it, just like she did with your Authentic Texan Clam Chowder.
    smokin fool don't feel too bad she took the bait on the Chowder.

Comment

Love it! But fess up: Did you go out and purchase any of those ingredients just for the photo op? Or did you have them all on hand? Either way, inquiring minds want to know want to know what will happen with that squash.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny you should ask. When I was doing this, I actually wondered if I’d get that question. LOL. Some I already had. The ones I actually bought just for that, was the kidney beans (yuk), pineapple, ground turkey (double yuk),the carrot and the squash. I also bought the tortilla chips, but Juilio’s is my favorite, so they
        won’t go to waste. The acorn squash I am mailing to CaptainMike because I heard he’s a huge fan of that stuff. Full disclosure, the Wolf Brand chili I use on my hot dogs. Yum!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW, never saw a squash with a name tag on it before! Must be a Texas thing.
        Yup, I can see it now at a squash convention, Acorn Bob, Spaghetti Bill.......
        Last edited by FireMan; September 11, 2020, 12:07 PM.

You forgot the Greek yogurt for topping with the pineapple.

Comment

No sweat, yall; apparently, a few handfuls of fresh cilantro on toppa alla dat up carp above, an suddenly, all is right in th Universe, once more... lol!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 11, 2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Just one can of red kidney beans? Where’s the green beans and Lima beans?

Comment

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Well... Panhead John is highly "regarded" 🤣

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m really hurt by y’all’s sarcastic comments. I’m beginning to find out that AR isn’t the place for a sensitive type person, such as myself. Just because I’m meek and introverted, people shouldn’t take advantage of that.
            Last edited by Panhead John; September 11, 2020, 11:47 PM.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            PJ’s Authentic Texas Chili and Clam Chowder. Kinda rolls off the tongue don’t it? I see franchise opportunities galore! Mr. Bones

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here