Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking vegetables to use in Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a necro-post but here goes.
    The bride requested lasagne for a gathering of the clan this weekend and asked me to try smoking it.
    Due diligence unearthed this thread and I thought I'd give it a go.

Used the tried and true recipe that I'm sure we all have one in the armoury.
    Stopped at the the simmering of the sugo traditionally and put it in a shallow baking dish on the little COS.
    Loaded it up with smoke for around two hours then constructed the lasagne as usual.

Rave reviews from all concerned was the result!!
    Even from that family member that I'm sure we all have, that regards food as just sustenance, flavour doesn't matter.
    Sorry that the pic is just before the remnants were consumed with gusto, but I wasn't expecting such a good dish.

Smoked lasagne is a real thing!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20210620150724 (2).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	1047912

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here