Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I won the Chili cookoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! I made this for a tailgate this past weekend - having some leftovers for lunch right now - it is so good!

Comment

Congrats on the win!!!

Comment

Looks Amazing! Congrats on the big win.

Comment

Congrats!! Way to go!

Comment

Congratulations, I to made this a couple weeks ago, was very impressed. It's a winner.

Comment

That looks phenomenal! Congratulations!!

Comment

One year later and I'm reviving this post. Unfortunately, my company decided to close the Gants Pass office and move everything to Colorado; everything except the employees that is. My last day was yesterday. So, no cookoff this year.
                I had a couple of chuck roast in the freezer though, so I decided to make a batch to share with the 10 or so people that were in the office (very reduced due to COVID most are working from home).
                I did Malcom Reed's again with some variations and it was terrific.
                https://howtobbqright.com/2017/11/02...-chili-recipe/

For the dry rub I mixed it up with four different rubs... I think this worked well...Click image for larger version  Name:	20201024_173717.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.73 MB ID:	932398

Low and slow with the smoking...225 degrees fire and cook to internal temp of 180...
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025_123102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.19 MB ID:	932399Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025_145701.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.32 MB ID:	932400Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025_161933.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.49 MB ID:	932401Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025_173922.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	932402Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025_175800.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	932403Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025_164043.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	932406 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_129094.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	932404​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	chili.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	932418
                Last edited by treesmacker; October 31, 2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yessir!

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks good again!

Beautiful.

Comment

Thanks for bumpin' it. I missed it the first time around. Sorry to hear about your employment situation. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

I plan on trying this recipe next week. Good work!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the job. Thanks for the bump, I remember seeing this but I never gave it a shot.

Comment

Glad to see that Malcolm Reed recipe is still a winner for you, treesmacker , a year later. Sorry that you'll miss the office camaraderie. This Covid is making hermits of us at worst or clipping our wings seriously at best. Hang in there.

Back to the chili--my family loves it, so I make it all the time. As I said, a real winner.

Kathryn

Comment

Congratulations - it looks great.

Comment

Congratulations on your big win!

Comment

Time to share, I'll be there.
                              PBR and chili, oh yea

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here