Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tacosoup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tacosoup

How about replacing the usual Friday taco with this tacosoup topped with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese?
    One of the best things about this soup, as well as it tastes great, is that it is very quick to make. Perfect dinner when you are craving for something good while not having all the time in the world to cook.

​​​​​​​

Ingredients;
    5 dl/ 2cup’s of vegetable stock
    1 red and 1 green bell pepper
    2 jalapenos
    1 yellow onion
    3 garlic cloves
    1 small can of black beans
    1 (sous vide) corn on the cob
    2 cans of crushed tomatoes
    1 tbs cumin
    1 ts chili powder
    2 ts oregano
    2 ts paprika powder
    A pinch or two sugar
    Salt to taste
    Pepper to taste
    2 spring onions sliced (topping)
    Sourcream (topping)
    Tortilla chips (topping)
    Grated cheese (topping)

How to make tacosoup with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese.
    Boil 5 dl/2 cup’s of water and stir in the vegetable broth cube in the water. Set aside. Rinse black beans in cold water and drain well.

Finely chop onions. Jalapenos, bellpeppers and garlic. Heat vegetable oil in a casserole and fry the onion until soft and glossy.

Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, paprika and chili powder and cook for about 1 minute.

Add canned tomatoes, broth, sugar, black beans. Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

While the soup is cooking, prepare the topping; cut spring onions into thin slices, cut corn kernels off the cob and grate cheese.

Serve the soup with the desired amount of crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, grated cheese, spring onions and corn.
    ENJOY!

Looks good, Eldon ... however, based on most of your posted cooks I'm starting to think you might really be a Texan living in Norway under the witness protection plan. As I recall, real Norwegians are starting to get excited about things like lammelår and pennekjøtt around this time of year ... not taco soup !

Comment

I tried that once, but could never figure out how to keep the soup in the taco shells...

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha.. Yeah i can see that it might be a challenge..
      Just make the soup thick enough.. lol

• lemayp
      lemayp commented
      Editing a comment
      You're thinking about it the wrong way, you still have the taco and dunk it in the soup...

That's a great looking sopa, and I'm going to try it, but Sopa de Taco con Crema in a vegetable stock with beef? Being an honorary Mexican - I lived on the TJ border in San Diego County for 25 years - no Chicanos I know would recognize that as Taco Soup. Unless -

Taco Sandwich - White Bread, Bologna, Cheddar Cheese, Mayo, Crumbled Taco Shells, Dill Pickle on the side

Taco Quevos Racheros - Scrambled Eggs with Salsa Roja y Crumbled Taco Shells

Taco Whopper - Whopper and Cheese with Crumbled Taco Shells

Taco Fish & Chips - battered Cod with lemons and pub vinegar, fries, and Crumbled Taco Shells

LoL - can't WAIT to make the soup tho…. ;o)
    Last edited by JGo37; October 20, 2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the enlightment..
      As a Norwegian i don't know much about Mexican cuisine..😎
      But the soup turned out really good!

Or tortilla soup, ( pretty much tomato soup with chicken and cream in it).
    My girlfirend in Guatemala use to make a great soup, so ate it often.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here