Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghostpepper Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghostpepper Chili

My take on a fairly hot chili..

Elton! Are you alright? "fairly hot chili"...…… you may need to rename this one.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm all good! But i must admit that it was hot HawkerXP

Was waiting for smoke to pour out of your ears.
    Hope you OK.
    Enjoyed the video a lot

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks holehogg
      It was like drinking pepperspray haha..

OMG, that was hilarious!!! You are a straight up awesome hombre'. The chipotle salsa would have been more than enough heat for me, but the 2 "little bastards" you tossed in were a game changer. Thanks for taking one for the team and a great morning laugh!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      My daughter gave me those dried ghostpeppers.. So i just had to do it..
      Glad i made your day.. lol

LMAO !!! That was too funny Elton, way to abuse yourself. We're going to sign you up for an interview on Hot Ones !!!

Chili looked great but you should have stopped at the ghost pepper and the BEANS. Hasn't anyone told you, a proper chili ain't suppose to have no BEANS !!!!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear ya on the beans.. Maybe that was why the chili turned out so hot..

Whew - somehow I have a sympathy burn.... oh my god. and I AM sorry for this - hahahhaha

I'm glad I saw this before seasoning the stuff I'm cooking today, because I'm cutting back on the heat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cutbacks%5FStructural%5FFirefighting.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	657999

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones - me to instructor in the fuel sim - hey Chief, your beards on fire....

I loved the damage control flooded sub compartment trainers. What can I say...

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your sympathy @JGo37
      Glad you learn from my stupidity :-)

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Elton's BBQ I always know correct answer when told...

Was painful to see ya sufferin so, Brother! Please, don't do that to yerself, again, okay?

Good News? Well, obviously, in th end, yer okay, on accounta: here ya are...

Bad news? Betcha large, now, it's all most likely 5-10 times hotter, after minglin/refrigeration. Yikes!!!

Really good call on not lettin yer 4-legged family member have any; that would not have ended up purty, at all!

Gonna haveta try this receipt, but most likely will season to my own tastes, so mebbe ~4 Ghosties, or so...

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. yessire i hear ya..
      That chili was really good on flavors until the heat kicked in..

Great video Elton. Thanks for sharing. I also would have left the beans out. But otherwise it looks really good. If you ever come state side I’ll make you up some HOT chili. I usually add 3 Carolina Reapers to mine. 😁😳🤯🤯

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Brother, we jus gotta do some cookin, together!
      Cue, chili, sky's th limit...

"To Infinity, an Beyond!!!!"

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell yeah brother. I’m game for sure. Would love cooking and hanging with ya.
      Ya gotta try my jerky too.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh i'd like to hook up and eat some chili
      Thanks for "liking" brother!

Lord, I thought you were going to melt there by the end.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      So did i! haha

Bein's where I'm located, this, of course, did cross my mind, an was, natch, reinforced by Dan Deter 's post:

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      A nice pot of Elton's chili: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcR9k8o4I0w

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL!!! CaptainMike
      Thank goodness, he only made th' Mild' (2 Ghosties) version!!!!
      Also, couldn't help but reflect on th fact that he nearly always has an "Ambulanse" at his immediate disposal, though I am greatly relieved that he did not need it!!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha Class!

Holy crap, Elton! You might want to stick with some nice mild white sauce for a while ... at least until you heal ... ...

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep It's only sour cream and yoghurt these days.. lol

That was great. Thank you for posting the video.

Comment

Holy crap Elton! I couldn't have eatin it. I'm to wimpy in regards to pepper heat. I like the beans. I know purists say no beans, but heck cook what you like. I kept waiting on you to drink something. Then I remembered you poured your last beer in the pot while cooking.

Don't make that mistake again!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't guarantee that i won't do this again.. i have a short memory for doing silly things.. lol

Nice! They have awesome flavor don’t they?

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes indeed , the have a very fruity taste until the heat kicks in..

Elton this one’s for you...watch the whole thing !!

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Roflmao!🤪🤪🤪😂😂

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for this video Troutman

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here