Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verdé Enchilada Pork Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgreen
    replied
    Definitely going to make this. Thanks for the recipe.

Leave a comment:

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    ofelles I just tried this and it was great, especially the next day. I did make changes to the recipe mostly because we forgot or didn't find things at the one store we went to the day before. It is now on our recipe repeat list. Had to keep it on the mild side since my wife can not take things too hot, but I added more of the verde to my bowls. So thanks for this recipe!

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    That would work and be totally different. The last half of that is a recipe for verde enchilada sauce you can use

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    I don't have a Verde Enchilada sauce recipe. I'm thinking of boiling pork to make a pork broth for the enchilada sauce and then use the boiled pork inside the enchilada's. That will work, right??

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    You can only get the Hatch Chiles fresh for a short time. You can get them fire roasted year round: https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/

• Troutman
    replied
    Thanks so much for posting this. Looks like a labor of love, complex yet delicious. I'm a big Hatch chili fan for use in the enchilada sauce. Love to give this one a whirl myself !!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Got to put this one on the list. Thanks for posting.

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Sounds delicious will have to try.

Leave a comment:

• Randy-Phx
    commented on 's reply
    I bought 2 ar 98 cent/lb here. A different grocery store has it until Wednesday gor 97 cents.

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    Not good to see recipes like this so late at night. Now will have to go to bed hungry. In the AM the pillow will either be missing or wet with drool. Definitely gonna try this recipe.

Leave a comment:

• jecucolo
    replied
    Love green enchiladas! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    got 13+ lbs. pork butt, gonna do it!
    Note: Twas ¢99/lb., few weeks ago...

• Timbo54
    replied
    Great write up as I don't always write quantities down and my chili Verdi varies. This sounds spot on and have to plan a cook in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Sounds delish.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    no reason why not I can think of. Good luck

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here