Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soup season has started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soup season has started

I started using the Instant Pot to make stock from bones and vegetable scraps. It nice for that.

The last couple of soups I made were a curried butternut squash soup and last night was a mushroom soup. Thinking about what to make next. Maybe Tom Ka Gai?

How about a gumbo instead?

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gumbo is a great idea! Give me and Attjack a recipe for yours. I make a mean Jambalaya but could use a good Gumbo recipe. Haven't made one because I know without instruction I wouldn't get it right.

• cwain8845
      cwain8845 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll start a new thread for a gumbo recipe and technique.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. I was looking at an instant pot version.

Gumbo, Good Stuff!!!

Comment

Gumbo is sounding good.

Comment

I'm making 2 bone in hams for Christmas dinner so ham and bean soup will be coming shortly after that. Gumbo sounds delicious.

Comment

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Frozen Smoke, I'm with you on the Bean Soup after the Christmas Ham "Bone" is trimmed. Yum!

Gumbo is always a good choice, warm or cold weather. But our favorite soup/stew is Brunswick stew. I love making it cause I get to smoke my pork and chicken and do all the prep work for the stew. Plus, it makes a bunch and we freeze it for quick reheats during the work week....

Comment

And don't forget Pho!

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Pho !! Yes !!!

I'm thinking about loading up the WSJ with bone-in chicken breasts for a big pot of chili tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow night through Friday it's supposed to be wet and breezy so this will be something nice to share with everybody.

Comment

Ramen .... name your type !! With pork belly for me

Comment

I am on the gumbo side of this...Chicken and Andoullie sausage

Comment

Okay. Now I can’t get gumbo off my mind. Only ever had it in restaurants but want to try it at home. What recipes do you all like or suggest?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here