Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked chili!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elton's BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    +2

• JCGrill
    replied
    Nothing wrong here. I have a few variations.

Leave a comment:

• Dave in Indy
    replied
    Perfect fall recipe idea. I did beans and ham over an open fire several times and the smoke and outside cooking made em real tasty.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I love to smoke a brisket, dice it up and throw it in the chili for some killer Texas chili!

(And no beans!)

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Regarding #7 - I like a nice robust ale.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    My wife makes what she calls taco soup, I'll post the recipe eventually, but I never considered smoking it. I will now...

Leave a comment:

• SmokeyGator
    commented on 's reply
    It is required.

• FishTalesNC
    replied
    Great call on the Ro Tel, I’m doing that next time! 👍🏻

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    + 1

• FireMan
    replied
    Ya had me at bacon, more, meat, more & man can’t live!

Leave a comment:

• SmokeyGator
    started a topic Smoked chili!

Smoked chili!

1. Cut up whatever package of bacon you haven’t used all of yet. Or buy more bacon and open that. The point is, never run out of bacon.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	542762A1-64AC-4D6F-9877-DB4CA4005C49.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	567546
    2. Once the bacon is at "crispy" (I like mine crunchy) add the garlic and onions.

Name:	D61D7CE4-10A2-47FB-8107-F91380961D0D.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	567547
    3. Then once the onions and garlic are lookin good add more meat. Man can’t live on bacon alone after all. I used a 2 pound package of roughly 1/2 beef and 1/2 pork.

Name:	7E473904-D4CB-48E4-83E2-D2F71F7687F1.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	567548
    4. Not photod. Add whatever spices you like. I went with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and a touch of salt. But hey go nuts. Use whatever floats yer boat. It’s chili not rocket science.
    5. OPTIONAL. Chili beans. Highly controversial in the chili purist world. But I ain’t a perfectionist so whatever. Don’t like it? DON’T eat any! Everybody wins.

Name:	40059337-DA6E-4BAA-87C3-56EE7FEF5BBA.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	567549
    6. Add the rest of the canned stuff (too lazy to chop my own today). The Rotel is, in my opinion, required. Your results may vary.

Name:	AC44534C-8513-4806-8F5E-DAD9B721DCB1.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	567550
    7. Add more liquid. Water is boring. Don’t be boring.

Name:	59E40EAD-35B8-42C3-A26E-416E84CB7AF4.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	567551
    8. Once brought to a rolling summer, transfer to the smoker. You want 275-300 to keep the simmering going. Let it simmer for about an hour.

Name:	30B3EEF9-1547-4AB8-801C-420C1178731D.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	567552

and there you go. Smoked chili. Easy and if you ask me highly acceptable. The best part is taking it to work the next day for lunch and smelling up the break room like a smokehouse. Everyone will want to know what is going on. Oh. It’s you. AGAIN. Should have known.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here