Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane Grilled Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Grilled Chili

We were spared the brunt of Florence here in Durham, but still getting plenty of rain and flooding. Had to get out and grill tho! Had 2.5 lbs of brisket leftover, and just over half a pound of homemade bacon. I like making chili when football season rolls around so... broke out the 22” kettle with the wok and fired up 2 baskets of Kingsford Professional. Let that get white hot and preheated the wok. Cooked the bacon, then browned a chopped onion. Tossed in corn, 6 Hatch green chiles and some garlic and let that brown a bit. Then tossed in water, beef broth, beer, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and the spices and mixed well. Then added the brisket and mixed it up real good. Covered and grilled with mesquite wood chunks for about 45 mins. Stirred every 10 min and added some pinto beans halfway thru at SWMBO’s request. She said "Well, you’ve ruined another dish, I can’t get chili anywhere else now". 👍🏻 Hope all our Carolina peeps are safe and hanging in there.
    Attached Files

That looks / sounds tasty as all git out!!!

Comment

I agree with Mr Bones- that looks very tasty.

Comment

I wish we could use profanity, because that’s really impressive

Comment

Alright already! Between you and ecowper how can I NOT make leftover brisket chili today?!! Woo hoo!!!

Comment

Love me some leftover brisket chili! You just gave me an idea ..... Next time I do chili, I’m gonna try this idea of using my wok on the Hasty-Bake .....

Also, glad you didn’t pummeled too badly by Florence

Comment

Haha! Take that, you Texas chili snobs!

Looks deeeeeeeelicious!

Comment

I am happy you are well.

Comment

I'm gonna have to agree with SWMBO on this one. Nice work!

Comment

Glad that storm didn’t get to your kettle. Chili looks great.

Comment

Glad you faired well there. I have a cousin in Winston-Salem who said they were ok as well. Your chili looks amazing by the way.

Comment

This is at least the third chili thread I have read today. If I don't get some chili soon I'm going to die. Looks yummy. I will have to try the corn in it. In another thread crushed tortilla chips were used for thickening. I will be trying both ingrediants soon. I even have a cast iron wok I have never used. Will have to remedy that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here