Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Arrow's spicy chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Arrow's spicy chili

Didn't know if you all knew this but the comic book character the Green Arrow has his own recipe. Apparently it's so hot only Batman went back for seconds. I made it a few weeks back and it was really good. I added some Serranos to it because it seemed a bit weak. My wife couldn't handle it but I like things spicy. It calls for Gebhardt chili powder but any regular chili powder will do. The California chili powder was a bit harder to find its also called molido. Give it a try if you like your food hot.

It is rarely enjoyed by anyone other than Ollie himself, who reminds kids to get their parents to help them at home with preparation. It is best served with grated cheese and oyster crackers.Green Arrow's Chili is one of the spiciest entities known to the general superheroic community. It is rarely enjoyed by anyone other than Ollie himself, who reminds kids to get their parents to help them at home with preparation. It is best served with grated cheese and oyster crackers. As published in Green
    Last edited by Calledout08; August 22, 2018, 01:20 AM. Reason: Had pic of the comic page it came from but removed it cause i was worried about the legality of putting copywritten stuff on here.

Looks like a great chili base, though likely I'd hot it up some
    Thanks fer sharin, amigo.

Comment

FWIW, "molido" just means "ground".

Comment

Added to my recipe collection, thanks!

Chili isn't just for cold weather and its always summer down here.

Comment

I like the quote at the top of the page, "Best paint remover I've ever eaten" says it all !!!!

Comment

Thanks Willy, I don't understand spanish too well. I should have picked it up since I grew up on the south side of san antonio. Oh well thats what was on my packet, didn't know if it had anything to do with specificity.

Comment

I actually went around looking for gebhardt peppers for a bit before I wised up. Im sure ppl i asked were very confused, haha. BTW everything I write is on an amazon fire stick remote but it gets the job done.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe, it does look like a good base to play with. How are bell peppers 'optional' in chili? That's like making chili without beans! Anyway, I don't make beef chili often - chicken and pork much more so and a bit different - so this seems like a good pot to add some burnt ends to.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here