Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying a new method of smoked Chili!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying a new method of smoked Chili!

Here's the start - ill update as I go along!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_69565.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	539808

Chili or salsa??

Comment

• Keltonfoss
      Keltonfoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Chili - I like a ton of veggies in my chili, makes it a tad better for ya

I like how this is starting.

Comment

Very Nice...........where's the meat?!?

Comment

• Keltonfoss
        Keltonfoss commented
        Editing a comment
        I threw on some burger just after this - just to let it cook while smoking, then i quickly grilled some bottom round steaks and threw them in with it - everyone has seen smoked meat before, so i didnt include pics

• DeusDingo
        DeusDingo commented
        Editing a comment
        But we NEED smoked meat pics!

Update: The veggies are done -

I also threw some burger onto the smoker shortly after I got the veggies on, then grilled some bottom round steaks and threw them on the smoker as well to get a little of that smoke flavor. I didn't take pics of this - everyone knows exactly how it looks.

Here are the smoked veggies - getting ready to cut up. I'll core the tomatoes and smash them, and throw them and the juice in with the chili.

Click image for larger version

Name:	38065510_10212541590437238_7091225875982581760_n.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	539875Click image for larger version

Name:	37982941_10212541590277234_7037754482335154176_n.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	539876 ​​​​​​​

Comment

All finished!

Tastes delicious, and has some nice smoky flavor, my only gripe is it has no spice at all - but the kids cant handle it - so ill just add a few jalapenos to my own Click image for larger version

Name:	38072324_10212543197277408_7395512192801439744_n.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	539990

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! Thanks for taking us along!

Nice and thick! The veggies look good in there.

Comment

Grrrrrrrreat idea! I’m still about 2 mos from my first batch of chili, but can’t wait to try it.

I just thought of something. Mr. Bones & his liquid smoke. Hmmmmm. 🕶
          Last edited by FireMan; July 30, 2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Interesting. Last time I did chili I cooked it in a big cast iron Dutch oven on the outdoor burner (ground beef, ground pork, canned tomatoes, canned tomatoes with green chili peppers, fresh onion and garlic, canned chili beans medium spice level) - then after browning the meat with the onions and garlic then dumping in all the other stuff and bringing it up to a decent simmer, the open pot went into the smoker at 325 for 1.5 - 2 hours.

Next time I will remember to make more (and better) use of the smoker

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That looks incredible!

Comment

Great lookin' chili.

Comment

Now you're making me want some of that chili, Keltonfoss . Nice cook!

I'm with you on the jalapenos, especially if there are not enough hot chiles in the chili. My husband will eat chili with some spice but I have to use a lighter hand than I would if making it only for myself. Jalapenos save the day for me.

Kathryn

Comment

• Keltonfoss
                    Keltonfoss commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like my spicy food to be just above that thin line of regret.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here