Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chili Winner!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chili Winner!!

We had a chili cook off at work today. It was setup a little differently than I've been accustomed to. There were 2 categories, 1 Spicy and 1 Mild. I make a pretty good chili at home, but I know it's not a competition winner. I decided to use Malcom Reed's Chili recipe using a smoked chuckie. I'll have to say, it's pretty dang good. As far as spice level goes, i probably should have used the whole can of chili's in adobo sauce instead of just the 3 that he recommends. Sorry, no pics of the chili, it was literally gone with 10 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180125_131217.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	445076
    Attached Files

Congrats! I do a lot of Malcom Reeds recipes but haven’t done his chili recipe yet.

Comment

Today the corporate lab, tomorrow the world!

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Man, that trophy is awesome! You should turn it into a hood ornament for your smoker!

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats! That's one cool looking trophy!

Comment

Congrats. It's always nice when others appreciate what you cook.

Comment

I am giving this a whorl this weekend.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats! I bet Malcolm would love to know his recipe won.

Comment

Congrats, amigo! Nicely done!
                    Great trophy, too!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      One o my younger brothers lives there in GR,; please tell him I said "Hey", if ya see him!
                      BigCountryQ

• BigCountryQ
                      BigCountryQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mr. Bones, I talked with him. He said he wants his hat back.

Congrats! Awesome Trophy.

Comment

Great Job!

Comment

Dude!!!! That trophy!!!! Mad love for that man! Congratulations on your win. Nice work.

I bet that feels good. I entered a comp once and they had to add lines to the bottom of the page to fit me in!

Comment

Congrats on the hardware, how cool!

HouseHomey was it even a food competition? 😂 It darn sure wasn’t a burger comp, I’d do anything for your avatar to materialize before me right now.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                            HouseHomey commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah it was a steak comp. that's a whole nuther world. As I hear burger contests are really fierce. I do love me some burgers though.

• FishTalesNC
                            FishTalesNC commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I was just razzing you for being so self deprecating HouseHomey, your food I’ve seen always looks awesome. I can’t move with my leg laid up, so I’m at my wife’s mercy for food and that burger avatar was killing me last night! 😂👍🏻

No pics, now, now, now. What are we to do. Well ya got trophy, that means ya did something. Great job!

Comment

• HouseHomey
                            HouseHomey commented
                            Editing a comment
                            All of mine were participation trophy

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here