Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked venison chilli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked venison chilli

Click image for larger version

Name:	082F77B3-BDB1-42E7-83DA-7E107DFD7340.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	411681 I was reading Meathead’s chilli recipe and I thought I would like to make some and use up a venison roast that is almost a year old. The roast was 3 1/2# and I cut it into thick steaks, dry brined them added some BBBR and smoked them at 225F for a couple hours this morning, then I cut them up and added them to the chilli pot and but back on the Akron kamado to finish cooking/smoking. Right now it is looking pretty good. This is the first time I have added lime juice, corn chips and chocolate to my chilli. I also added a small package of ground pork as well. It has a nice flavour and is kind of spicy which I like.

i would like to know how this turns out. that looks amazing

Comment

That looks incredible!

I made the same chili recipe with chuck for Halloween, and it is my new favorite.

Comment

That does look good.

Comment

Looks great! Let us know how it turns out. I have some spare venison. I did the same recipe a week ago with smoked chuck roast. I was questionable about the crushed tortilla chips and addition of milk chocolate pieces too but I won't make it any other way from now on!

Comment

Great-looking pot!

Comment

Have you smoked venison before? I know someone who is wanting to smoke a whole roast and is unsure how to do it.

Comment

The Chili was very good I took some down to the neighbours garage tonight and everyone liked it. The venison roast was good right from the smoker too but you do not want to overcook it. The trouble with wild game is you do not know what kind of a roast you have until you open the package. This was a nice lean roast with very little fat and no bones.

Comment

Oh Yeah!!...Looks Great!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here