Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live fire chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live fire chili

Click image for larger version

Name:	1796E3FA-1545-420A-987F-6FC1F287DB06.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	392583 Live fire chili in cast iron kettle cook today. I have been working toward this for quite some time, I rescued the kettle from my parents barn, cleaned it,
    seasoned it. Built a tripod stand with adjustable chain for ht above fire. Made a paddle from cypress wood to stir with.
    Started with 5lbs of ground beef, 7lbs venison, 2lbs elk, 2qts chopped onions, 1qt chopped peppers. Cooked till meat was browned, added onions and peppers. When onions were cooked-added 2 #10 cans of chili beans, 3qts tomato juice, 6qts fresh peeled tomatoes. Seasoned with chili powder and cumin. Some chopped celery and 5 small cans of pinto beans. About 3 hours of simmering and stirring yielded some tasty chili. Click image for larger version

Name:	4E13E8A7-727D-4A7C-A728-E3A993437A37.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	392582

That's wild!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a fun one. Now the fridge is stocked with chili at 3 different houses.

Neat cook, looks like a labor of love.

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - on the to do list for next fall after a successful cook today.

Wicked awesome!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Fun day! Had to show it a bit.

Beautiful!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks- also had 2 chuckies on the stickburner for sandwiches (no pics-busy stirring chili) turned out good! Even my wife liked it and she is not a smoked meat fan.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I only done one chuckie but now I wish I had done 2 or 3. That one didn't last long.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      DWCowles, I feel that way every single time when I only cook one!

Very Nice!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

So I guess you wen't planning on leftovers?? That looks and sounds great.

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
          Oakgrovebacon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Stocked the freezer

That is soooo cool!!!!!
        Love all the neat things you do and cook.
        Great job brother.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Love this!

Comment

Wow that's quite the bubbling cauldron...bet it was an awesome witches brew !!!

Comment

Cool everything about this from another live fire cooker!

Comment

that is some determination! i bet it was awesome

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
                    Oakgrovebacon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Turned out great-on the list for next fall also.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here