Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Evening Comfort Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Evening Comfort Food

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tomato soup & grilled Cheese 001.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	249106Click image for larger version

Name:	Tomato soup & grilled Cheese 003.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	249107Click image for larger version

Name:	Tomato soup & grilled Cheese 002.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	249108 So, Saturday evening, just relaxing a bit, wanting to do something simple. this definitely qualifies. I love the home made. The grilled cheese is marvelous, too. Some Italian bread and home processed 'cheese food'. Made a couple of pounds of Cojack 'cheese food' by melting it into some water with Sodium citrate. the result is a yummy melty cheese with cheese flavor. very nice.

the soup was as simple as it gets. couple of cups of Chicken stock and a pint of canned tomatoes (from summer if you have them). brown some garlic & onion in butter, cook in a couple of tablespoons of flour to make a roux. add in the stock & tomatoes. get them nice and hot, smooth out with an immersion blender, little salt & pepper and your good to warm up on a cold night.

No thanks on the tomato but thank you on the grilled cheese.

Comment

What Jerod said.

Comment

get yourself some sodium citrate and you can make whatever you want into a good, grilled cheese sammich. or for dips, Mac & cheese, this one is designed to chill to a solid so it can be sliced for grilled cheese that was a simple 10 minute process. most of which was stirring the cheese cool enough to pour into the mould container. the soup was simple.

Comment

We used to get this tomato basil bisque from Schwan's which was Seinfeld's soup Nazi good, that and a grilled cheese or two was heaven.

Comment

Looks awesome, Karon - all of it!

Comment

My take on Tomato soup - I never want it. My wife makes it with a grilled cheese sandwich in the winter and asks if I want any of the soup. "No", I always tell her. "Grilled cheese only". I honestly don't want it. Somehow, I always end up tasting the soup and it is delicious. I subsequently devour it. So while I don't ever have a desire to eat the soup before it is made, I always appreciate it afterwards. There has to be a fire going and it has to be really cold outside, though.

Comment

• tbob4
                tbob4 commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee - Nice new photo!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                👍.

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw it on a recent glamour shot search.

Both look great to me. I like to dip my grilled cheese in the tomato soup.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                I really miss having a garden. Growing up we had a huge area filled with veggies. I now have a house where I can try to grow a few things in pots so I've got to decide what that will be in 2017.

• Karon Adams
                Karon Adams commented
                Editing a comment
                Take a look at this. I plan to purchase several of them and plant alpine strawberries in them on a south facing wall. my lot is very small. I try to make best use of my limited space. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...A3FZVMDJAT0CV8

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!

Karon Adams, You just Posted Pic's of what is close to My Favorite Winter MeaL! Last Night Eunice made Grilled Cheese Sandwiches along with homemade Bean Soup! Very Good on a Cold Evening!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here