Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Office soup pop luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office soup pop luck

AS the headline says I have an office sou[p pop luck coming up and I want to impress, few things I hate chunks of veggies and onions are only good if they are minced to the point of invisible or just onion powder.

That said I think I am gonna try an Italian Sausage potato soup recipe I saw.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

My wife makes this Zuppa Toscana that is crazy good. The only difference is she uses a whole pound of bacon and a few more potatoes.

Comment

• blair2818
      blair2818 commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks good I might make that for me for "testing purposes"

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Wife loves soup with potatoes. I'll have to give this a try later in the Fall when the temps come down.

can you enter a bowl of red? Tortilla soup is always a winner. Smoke salmon chowder too. I'm a big fan of broccoli and cheese, especially if you char the broccoli first, and don't cook it to death. I mean gumbo or ettufe if your stretching the term.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man, I haven't made e'touffee in a long time... I need to plan a batch of that.

Well, I'll state the obvious.... if this is for a pot luck and you want to impress, then why do you care if there are chunks of veggies and onions in the soup?? Most people, and I'm speaking for the peanut gallery, like veggies in their soup. Anything listed above sounds like a winner.

Comment

My office has had an annual "Souper Bowl" competition in early February for several years. My wife is a 3-time winner. She tries to do something different each year. What usually wins are hearty, flavorful soups like gumbo or chicken tortilla soup. One year she made Caldo de Cameron, a Mexican shrimp soup (that one was a winner). So I would say go with something you like, and don't hold back on the flavor.

Comment

• shify
        shify commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd echo the gumbo comment. Gets rave reviews, pretty straightforward to make (if not time consuming) and pretty damn delicious

One of my favorite things to eat from a bowl (besides Honey Bunches of Oats & Raisin Bran Crunch, among others) is my wife's Chunky Beef Noodle "Stoup".

Comment

This is a go-to fall recipe from a restaurant I used to bartend at. It is curried squash soup and was on our Oktoberfest menu:

https://iwillmakecrafts.wordpress.co...squash-soup-2/ Click image for larger version

Name:	curried-squash-soup1.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1109464

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Curry might make me like squash. (or hate curry?) I am torn....

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Gwen. Added it to winter soup list.

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife makes a squash soup sometimes. Absolutely fantastic. I'm pretty sure her recipe involves curry. Tastes almost like seafood.

yeah its good to know.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Please don't edit this post to insert a spam link. No one will click it, it will waste everyone's time, including yours, and I will ban you. Please be a real member here to learn & share in our community.

We enjoy smoked butternut squash soup. The recipe can be found on Amazing Ribs

Comment

Hatch Chile Tortilla Soup Always a hit when I make it. You can kick it up a notch by smoking the chicken or turkey. Anaheim or Ancho chiles will work if you can't get Hatch.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-tortilla-soup

​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here