Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chex Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    replied
    I made some smoked chex on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Here's another Chex Mix topic with some good ideas.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    replied
    I think the only time I've eaten Chex Mix is when I've been smoking.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Good info I would have eaten it right off the grill and by the sounds of it been disappointed.
    Great idea with the additions.

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Never cooked it outside. I leave this recipe to my wife. She has cooked this snack for years, its one of those that I just do not mess with.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    You beat me to the punch. Chex Party Mix. Been around for many, many years. And yes you may smoke it instead of cooking it in the oven.
    Happy grilling to you, and PBR too.

• USMCCrashCrew89
    replied
    I did Chex Mix shortly before the holidays. It’s one of those things that has to let the smoke mellow out a bit, to me at least. Straight of the smoker it tasted like an ashtray, but after about three days it really came around. I added Goldfish crackers, sesame sticks, and cashews to the normal mix, along with a few shakes of hot sauce to the wet mix.

Leave a comment:

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    Interesting you should ask. On FB Hey grill, Hey's Susie Bulloch posted a recipe for a Chex mix type snack. It is part of her Super Bowl recipes.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    I haven’t smoked chex mix but did smoke a lot of other interesting things in college....then ate a lot of chex mix

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    It's not so tough if ya pop it.

• Texas Larry
    replied
    On my list this week to smoke along with some cashews.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    I haven't smoked Chex Mix but I have seasoned with Memphis Dust and we liked it!

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    Yeah, we do and will be smoking some on Sunday. My girlfriend handles the prep. She applies melted butter to the mix and sometimes other seasoning too like chili powder or cayenne.
    Last edited by Attjack; February 6, 2021, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    In fact, I think you should smoke the butter and salt, and skip smoking the popcorn.

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    I never manage to do any of the nontraditional foods like cheese, nuts, etc. I think popcorn might get a little tough. But Chex mix sounds awesome.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here