Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chex Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chex Mix

Anybody smoked Chex Mix ? I did one original recipe exactly lick the original except I smoked it in basket . Great ! I am wondering about any suggestions . Today I am going to try Meatheads Memphis Dust in it . How about pop corn ? I haven't tried it yet . I was thinking about popping some then butter it and smoke it for a bit . Anybody tried this ?

I have not.

I bet there is an "element" of this crowd who have done such things. I’m interested to see who has.

Comment

I never manage to do any of the nontraditional foods like cheese, nuts, etc. I think popcorn might get a little tough. But Chex mix sounds awesome.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not so tough if ya pop it.

In fact, I think you should smoke the butter and salt, and skip smoking the popcorn.

Comment

Yeah, we do and will be smoking some on Sunday. My girlfriend handles the prep. She applies melted butter to the mix and sometimes other seasoning too like chili powder or cayenne.
        Last edited by Attjack; February 6, 2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I haven't smoked Chex Mix but I have seasoned with Memphis Dust and we liked it!

Comment

On my list this week to smoke along with some cashews.

Comment

I haven’t smoked chex mix but did smoke a lot of other interesting things in college....then ate a lot of chex mix

Comment

Interesting you should ask. On FB Hey grill, Hey's Susie Bulloch posted a recipe for a Chex mix type snack. It is part of her Super Bowl recipes.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You beat me to the punch. Chex Party Mix. Been around for many, many years. And yes you may smoke it instead of cooking it in the oven.
                  Happy grilling to you, and PBR too.

I did Chex Mix shortly before the holidays. It’s one of those things that has to let the smoke mellow out a bit, to me at least. Straight of the smoker it tasted like an ashtray, but after about three days it really came around. I added Goldfish crackers, sesame sticks, and cashews to the normal mix, along with a few shakes of hot sauce to the wet mix.

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good info I would have eaten it right off the grill and by the sounds of it been disappointed.
                  Great idea with the additions.

Never cooked it outside. I leave this recipe to my wife. She has cooked this snack for years, its one of those that I just do not mess with.

Comment

I think the only time I've eaten Chex Mix is when I've been smoking.

Comment

Here's another Chex Mix topic with some good ideas.

Kathryn

Comment

I made some smoked chex on Sunday.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here