Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday: Favorite Beer & Snack Combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameday: Favorite Beer & Snack Combinations

As I sit watching wild card weekend... I have beer (currently a Guinness, shortly will be switching to a local hazy IPA), but I don't have any good snacks. What are your favorite snacks for gameday to have with a cold one? Open to store bought or homemade. I'm craving some honey roasted peanuts and Jalapeno poppers.

For homemade snacks, favorite recipe?

nachos....

queso (see current queso thread) usually leftover pulled pork or smoked chuckie. making it tomorrow with fresh pulled pork.....for the Bears game that I hope the Saints win.

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      that pretty much sums it up.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Could be worse. You could live in Houston.

• jhoskins
      jhoskins commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m a Michigander so... I am very familiar with rooting against my own team to get someone in management fired

Whatever beer I have at the moment. Today it’s Budweiser. I don’t snack a lit during games. But when I do, it’s usually a cheese, salami, cracker type thing. No fuss, no mess.

Comment

Bloody Mary’s and anything greasy or salty. Also typically meat and cheese cut up.

Comment

High Life, cheese and sausage with crackers. Some kosher pickles and a blend of different olives.

Comment

Wings, nacho's, pizza, number one with football
          Cashews and dry roast peanuts.
          PBR tallboys and Cesar`s

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            PBR tallboys, I can not argue with that!

Moink Balls
          Check out the latest post from How to BBQ Right featuring Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs AKA Moink Balls Recipe.

Bacon Candy Chicken Bites
          This “football food” Bacon Candy Chicken Bites Recipe will quickly become a crowd favorite. It’s simple to prep ahead of time and only takes 30-45 minutes to cook on the grill. You want be missing any of the action cooking this recipe!

Comment

If you live in Texas, go to HEB and get these. Trust me. These are the best tortilla chips and salsa I’ve ever had. Their chips are the only tortilla chips I’ve eaten that don’t need a dip. You can eat them like potato chips. A little bit spicy with a hint of cumin and lots of flavor. The salsa comes in 3 flavors, this Serrano is my favorite. Everyone I’ve turned on to this stuff has said it’s the best they’ve had. The salsa is only sold at HEB, the chips are also at Walmart, at least in Texas. I’m snacking on this today watching football. And just to garner a few laughs, I only drink Coors Light beer. I’m not that adventurous concerning beer.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Panhead John; January 10, 2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              They've closed all the HERB shops around here.

I ended up with Pizza, wings, Dod’s pretzels, honey roasted peanuts, and jalapeño chips for wild card weekend "snackage". Serving me well so far

Comment

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              Snackage? I love it. I’ll need to remember that term. 😂

• jhoskins
              jhoskins commented
              Editing a comment
              My sad and I always called it snackage growing up... when my mom would ask how much we bought at the store before a game day (football was big in my house”, we’d always say "oh just a little snackage" regardless of how much we actually bought

We love PRO charcuterie boards with northwest IPA beer! This ones from New Year’s Eve!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Even a Texan was rooting for Russel and the Seahawks. Damnit that they lost.
              Last edited by Panhead John; January 10, 2021, 10:57 AM.

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              That spread looks better than the point spread.
              Where is the PBR?

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              ....I've now become a Seahawks fan....

Panhead John these are my go to’s up here Herdez is the closest salsa I’ve found to San Antonio momnpop bistro salsa
            I like a thin light nacho and these Que Pasa nachos fit the bill next are by a restaurant called Jack Astor’s who makes them fresh as ordered
            Visits to Texas have spoiled and jaded me against industrial nachos and salsa
            Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              smokin fool Yes sir! That is also an excellent choice. I’ve had the Herdez salsa before and it is good. I try and look for ones made in Texas or New Mexico if I’m not familiar with them.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here