Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jalapeño Poppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalapeño Poppers

I made Meathead's jalapeño poppers recipe the other day. OMG these things are incredible! This plate of 24 pieces went so quickly I had to make another batch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	jalapwenopoppers.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	883625
    Last edited by 1bottlerocket; July 20, 2020, 08:13 AM.

The look great and a little bit like muffuletta poppers I’ve been making lately - olive salad, provolone cheese, hard salami and Progresso Parmesan Breadcrumbs.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea!!!!
      We always have muffuletta in the fridge.
      It's good thing somebody does the thinkin around here.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a good idea. I need to use about half a jar of olive salad on something.

Those are really good and I have made them a few times.

But being originally from the Buffalo area my go to stuffed pepper is Stuffed Banana peppers with cream cheeses and Italian sausage.

If you like jalapeno poppers you need to try them at least once.

Just brown up some good Italian sausage in a pan until just done. Throw some minced garlic in so it can get a bit of color on it also.

While the sausage is cooling down to room temperature mix together cream cheese with the shredded cheese of your choice. I like a sharp cheddar.

Cut the stem end off of some banana peppers and do your best to clean out the seeds and veins with a skinny spoon.

Fold the sausage and garlic mixture into the cream cheese mixture and add some breadcrumbs if you want. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I also like to add in some freshly ground black pepper.

Stuff the banana peppers with the sausage cream cheese mixture carefully working it down the entire length of the peppers.

Rub a little olive oil onto the peppers and cook indirectly in your cooker of choice at about 325 for about 15 to 20 minutes. Right before taking off your grill, char the surface of the peppers for as long as you want directly over the coals.

I've had them served with a bit of marinara sauce poured over the top of them when they are done but I like my "Naked"

It seems like every Italian restaurant in Western New York has these on their menu and they all claim that there's are the best.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds good! And similar to what I we make and call wonton poppers. Really, the same thing you do - sausage, chopped peppers (any kind, red or orange peppers, jalapeno, or banana peppers) onion, garlic, and a little ranch dressing, a little - it goes a long way. Then place wonton wrappers in muffin pans and then stuff with the mixture.

Really good stuff - your recipe reminded me of these!

the only thing I do different is wrap them in bacon. I nuke the bacon so it is about half done to shorten the cooking time.

Comment

I nestle a Lit'l smokies sausage into the cheese filling of each popper then wrap in bacon. Yummers.

Kathryn

Comment

I sometimes make a dessert popper with cream cheese and chopped dried pineapple. It is different. Preserves don’t work as well, but you can substitute them
        Last edited by LA Pork Butt; July 20, 2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Looking good. I love a good batch of poppers!

Comment

I am going to try habanero poppers next. While the jalapeño poppers were tasty I was craving for more heat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here