Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen pig shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen pig shots

Sitting in isolation and a little bored. Would it be possible to make a tray of pig shots, freeze them, and have them available for unplanned hosting? I’ve frozen bacon and sausage before but not like this.

I can't see why not.

Comment

That’s what I’m thinking too but I thought I’d check to see if anyone had done this

Comment

They might hurt yer teeth when ya eat em.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Yall will save me a chair, wontcha??? Steve B

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely Mr. Bones Absolutely..

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve B & Mr. Bones , yessir, I can see us as clear as the rustling water in a stream, us just rockin away, knit & pearl, knit & pearl, grinning with no teeth cuz we lost em to those frozen pig shots.

I would think it just depends on what you plan to fill them with. Make a small test batch and see how they come out?

Comment

Let us know how it works out for you. It's a great idea if the flavor is there.

Are you thinking about freezing them assembled but not smoked or completely smoked then frozen?

Kathryn

Comment

That’s the idea- put them together, filling is cream cheese and crushed pineapple- and freeze. Then be able to pull say 6 of them out and cook as needed

Comment

Pig shots, sounds good,
              Master these delicious pig shots. Bacon wrapped sausages filled with a cream cheese chile mixture, smoked and seasoned with Meat Church Honey Hog rub.

be sure to let us know how they how they turn out. Take and post Pics
              Last edited by bbqLuv; August 7, 2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I see no problem with freezing them. I’ve had my fair share of cream cheese stuffed jalapeño poppers that were frozen then cooked after the fact and they’ve tasted good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here