I realized I haven't posted in the pit in a while, but I cook all the time. So, here goes.

ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) are also known as Jalapeno Poppers and other names. I was watching Ballistic BBQ (on YouTube) and he did them. But I didn't think they were truly nuclear. So I figured I had to up the game a bit

I figured I would do a little testing, so I bought three types of pepper:
1. Jalapeno
2. Spanish red pepper
3. Habanero

I stuffed them with cream cheese and real Italian parmesan (aged 36 months). I then proceeded to wrap them with bacon.

I fired up my offset smoker 'Rude Boy' and smoked them with 100% oak wood for 1 hour at 150° C / 300° F. They turned out real good. But then again I had a great cooker

It was a fun cook, and relatively fast. And it was interesting to compare the difference in heat. All three were tasty. The Spanish red pepper was the mildest, and then came the jalapeno, and hottest was the Habanero. BUT: they were all edible. I suspected the Habanero would make me sweat and feel dizzy, but it was quite pleasant if you know what I mean. I did remove the seeds, but leave the pepper intact (i.e. not cut it in half).

I'm definitely gonna cook more habaneros on the grill like this. The heat (and the dairy product stuffing) softens the blow a bit. All in all a fun cook!!

YouTube video coming soon, need to do some post-editing first.

The lineup

Click image for larger version  Name:	abt_0.jpg Views:	47 Size:	279.7 KB ID:	843037

Got the stuffing ready

Click image for larger version  Name:	abt_1.jpg Views:	50 Size:	149.6 KB ID:	843035

Here they are, ready for some smoke and heat
(notice the oak wood split for keeping the thick end up so cheese doesn't leak out)

Click image for larger version  Name:	abt_2.jpg Views:	45 Size:	186.7 KB ID:	843036

Let's get that fire started

Click image for larger version  Name:	abt_3.jpg Views:	46 Size:	232.1 KB ID:	843039

Rude Boy humming along at 300° F

Click image for larger version  Name:	abt_4.jpg Views:	46 Size:	289.5 KB ID:	843038

And here they are, ready to eat

Click image for larger version  Name:	abt_5.jpg Views:	47 Size:	306.0 KB ID:	843040

Have a great weekend, pit masters!