Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix accoutrements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix accoutrements

Recipe is coming, let me tease y'all for a second

I get these and crack open a cold brew, fire up Netflix and have some me time.
    I'm teasing y'all for now, recipe is coming very soon

Here we go!
    What I made here is a rough puff pastry.
    Equal parts in weight of AP flour and butter. I used a butter leaf lard combo. Ice cold water

Add a good pinch of salt to the flour, mix well.
    Roll the butter in the flour, coat well. This helps the next step. I grate my butter into the flour. I get good sized butter pieces, critical for puff pastry.

When grating, make sure that the grated butter is mixed into the flour while still grating. That way you don't get a butter lump.

Once the grating is done, mix that mess making sure that the flour and the butter is becoming one without squeezing.

Now the tricky part, adding water. You want to add little at a time. There are days when I've used as little as 4 tablespoons or as much as 6 with the same flour and butter amount. Add enough water just to bring everything together.

Get that shaggy mess on to a lightly floured board and knead just until you get a cohesive ball.

If the butter starts to melt, put the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Otherwise proceed to forming a rectangle.

I had to work fast so I stopped taking pictures. But once you roll it out to a rectangle, fold it in thirds, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for an hour.

After an hour in the refrigerator it's ready to use but I like to roll it out again and do the thirds fold one more time.
    You can use this to wrap anything from salmon to beef tenderloin (beef Wellington). My all time favorite is sausage rolls

Here I'm using British bangers.

Use an egg wash to seal the edges brush some ontop before baking in 400 degrees oven for 18 minutes reduce heat to 350 until sausage IT is 160.

Crack open a beer and enjoy

Oh yeah, make sure that the oven is heated to 400 and do not peep for at least 20 minutes. These do not puff up like the traditional puff pastry but I'll take the texture offer traditional ones.
    Last edited by Ernest; March 27, 2015, 09:33 PM.

Nice, referring to the google results from that title. Just woke up from a one hour nap, and now I have to digest this mess.

Comment

HAHAHA!!

Comment

Nice, looks good and watching Netflix myself atm.

Comment

Netflix here too, Wings. Anyone remember Wings?

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            I do...wish I was home eating some.
            Last edited by DWCowles; March 26, 2015, 09:48 PM.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang I thought you was talking about chicken wings. I watch Netflix all the time. How about Prison Break

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles, I loved prison break when it was first on TV. I lost interest in the last couple seasons, an once we had kids I felt it was too violent to have on around little kids. It was very intriguing tough. I learned that DB Cooper was in fact a real person and his loot was stored in Tooele, Utah lol.

Used to love Wings. I'm sure I've seen all of them

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Wings, Seinfeld, and Third Rock from the Sun are my 3 favs. I haven't found a new comedy yet that matched their simple yet relatively clean hilarity IMO. Although that one cable show with either Zack Galifianakis or a guy that looks like him is a good one for laughs. Lol, I'm not up on that stuff much.

LOL! problem with wings is that they have to be served hot (temp). I catch Netflix late night when everybody is sleeping.

Comment

If you guys have Netflix and watch on a computer, look into Kodi+fusion, it is easier than it looks, and you're welcome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here