Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The spicy pickled eggs in today’s newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spicy pickled eggs in today’s newsletter

Oh heck, this was easy and I had everything in the pantry. The hard part is going to be waiting a week. Extra bonus, mine looks EXACTLY like Meathead’s!

Pickled eggs are typically hard boiled eggs that have been submerged in a vinegar-based brine. The brine can be salty, sour, sweet or spicy depending on your preference. This recipe gives the pickled eggs a touch of spice and a good strong punch of tartness from the vinegar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B14C655A-C60B-4E64-B166-7BF8F9EE8E09.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	665162

I was happy to see lonnie mac's recipe in the newsletter! Way to go! I look forward to your thoughts on them, Mosca.

Comment

I just did a quart of the original recipe and a quart where I added in two jalapenos.

Comment

I'll bet they will be good!

Comment

I’m following this thread. Cause I love eggs. And pretty much anything spicy.
          Might just be a way for me to get some protein during a crazy day.

Comment

I tried this last week. To me it’s missing something. Maybe a few onions stuffed inside the jar? I’ll make another batch and see. Any other ideas for add ins?

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              After two weeks I added about 1/4 of a bottle of scorpion pepper sauce, and lots more salt. That brightened it up quite a bit.

Brings back the days of my youth....Simple Tavern style pickles eggs
            Really big pickle jar
            24 hard boiled eggs
            5-1 white vinegar to water
            1/4 cup pickling spice
            Tbsp mustard seed
            The guy who made them at this tavern really didn't measure anything because he made them so often and they went like hot cakes.
            Three weeks to ferment
            Iced cold draft beer and a salt shaker.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here