Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maple Cinnamon Pecans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maple Cinnamon Pecans

I used the recipe for Maple Ginger Pecans but substituted cinnamon in place of the ginger - I love cinnamon and it seemed more Christmas-ish. As usual I doubled the recipe since 2lbs fits nicely on my 26” kettle. Used my frogmat which worked great, I kind of anticipated a sticky mess with the syrup but had no issues. Tossed in just a few scraps of cherry wood chunks from the end of a bag, and other than that followed the recipe. Very tasty, tho I would like a bit more cinnamon to come thru. These will be presents for family. 🎅🏻

The nuts are a short 30 min smoke so now... on to smoking the bacon!
    Attached Files

Great looking pecans. Agree on the cinnamon. I keep the clove and ginger but add more cinnamon to the mix. I found that the Penzey’s Cinnamon blend helps get the flavor through. Watch yourself though. I gave some out a few years ago as presents but due to requests and demand I ended up making 14 lbs just last week for family and friends.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Woooo that’ll get pricey Donw ! I like the Penzey’s idea thanks, we had just a tad of that left and SWMBO had plans for it already so I used whatever else we had. I know how it goes with these nuts, my last batch of Candied Pecans was for a request from her unit at the hospital. Gone in 24 hours!

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a lot of shopping for raw pecans but Sam’s Club’s 2 lb bags are the best deal I find. About $7 a pound and good quality.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here