Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABT decision, these should be really good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABT decision, these should be really good.

Two ways, all using those small sweet peppers called "little sweeties", because my in-laws don't like spicy food.

1: Stuff the peppers with a mix of cream cheese and mozzarella, then sauteed onion and sweet Italian sausage, wrap with bacon and serve with marinara sauce. Should taste pretty much like sausage with peppers and onions, because it is.

2: Stuff the peppers with a mix of cream cheese and cheddar, then the sauteed onion and fresh polish sausage, wrap with bacon and serve with Carolina mustard sauce. Should tasted like kielbasa with peppers and onions, because it is.

In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and predict total awesomeness. There is NO WAY these could be bad. And every way they will be awesome.

Notes: I'm thinking I should cook the sausages first. The peppers will cook, but the sausages will give off too much fat. Same with the onions. I'm going to saute them first, otherwise I am risking cooked peppers but raw onions inside.

They both sound delicious, brother!

Comment

Did i miss MY invite? Try coolapeno pepers. My son grows them for my wife. She likes the taste of jalepenos, but cant handle the heat. I usually do banana peppers stuffed with spicy italian sausage, wrapped in thin cut bacon served with marinara. The red jalepenos stuffed with jack cheese, wrapped in bacon, and served with buttermilk ranch. You can also do corno di toro peppers (find the straighter ones) stuffed with feta or brie, wrapped in prochutto, and sprinkled with Cavender's seasoning. I serve these with an olive oil and balsamic veigar dressing, or toasted garlic, red pepper flakes, black olives, and olive oil. btw, you can add the sausage in raw, it cooks quickly.

Comment

Those are great suggestions by both Mosca and texastweeter . I have done several variations and love them. I do like the idea of a large pepper, like the banana, more bang for the buck !!! I also pre-cook my bacon leaving it just pliable enough to wrap. Makes for a super crispy finish. I hate partially cooked bacon on a popper...

Great post for holiday smoker goodies !!! Thanks guys !!

Comment

Those sound great! Something else to try is to wrap them in sweet Italian or chorizo sausage, then wrap with bacon, then coat with brown sugar. Then drizzle some maple syrup on them about 15 minutes before you take them off the cooker.

Comment

Well, these are huge, so I ditched the polish ones and just making the Italian ones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	39349B9E-1932-4551-802B-436E0C926140.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	526834

Comment

Mys rib are just coming out of the stall, a storm is brewing and ya'll are makin' me hungry.

Comment

Halfway there.

Name:	4A7265AD-AA21-4A13-B891-818E65BD2B4F.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	526911

Comment

Name:	BD851923-7D11-4474-8BFC-B0E0723B3CAD.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	527055

Comment

Been going to try some different pepper. the store i shop at jalapeños look like they been abused

Comment

A few years ago, when we were better about actually planting things in the garden, I had a bunch of Poblano peppers. So I did the obvious thing and stuffed them with cream cheese, shredded Oaxaca, shredded cheddar and par-cooked mexican chorizo, wrapped 'em in bacon and then smoked 'em over a fire of the crappy mesquite lump you find in every liquor store and grocery store around here. Friends still talk about them.

Comment

While these were very good, and well received by my company, they could be better. I bought the thick cut bacon, and the bacon overwhelmed the sausage flavor. Thin cut reduced salt would work much better.

Comment

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sounds like it's time to venture into curing your own!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here