Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Favorite Cereal, PART II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: Favorite Cereal, PART II

...Here's PART II of the Favorite Cereal Poll. For PART I go here
    This way we can include the other 10 most popular cereals.

As adults we're only kidding ourselves (most of us anyway) if we say cereal is for kids....or cereal is only for breakfast for that matter.

What's your favorite? Below are some of the popular breakfast cereals in the USA, if you're outside the US you might not recognize some.

Limited to 10 choices in a poll (which I realize hardly covers the best ones!), so if the following 10 choices don't cover you, or you're outside the US, explain your choice(s) in the comments!
    Honeycomb
    0%
    Fruit Loops
    0%
    Cocoa Puffs
    13.04%
    Plain Corn Flakes
    8.70%
    Shredded Wheat
    26.09%
    Corn Pops
    13.04%
    Honey Smacks
    8.70%
    Apple Jacks
    13.04%
    Trix
    8.70%
    Chex
    8.70%
    Last edited by Huskee; May 10, 2016, 11:16 PM.

Peanut Butter Crunch

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I could eat pounds of that stuff, that and Reese's Puffs

• _Keith
      _Keith commented
      Editing a comment
      "Best" part is the way it chews up the roof of your mouth.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, I thought I was the only one.

I've been known to use our large glass salad bowl for this stuff. My wife does NOT approve of this.

My wife can't get enough of Lucky Charms. To the point that each finger has a tattoo of a heart, moon, clover, horseshoe, etc.
    But what really gets her going is a 50/50 mix of Lucky Charms and Marshmallow Blasted Froot Loops. She calls them Lucky Loops. She's twelve, basically.
    Last edited by _Keith; January 15, 2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Raisin brand

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's for old folks who can't poop, DWC. I fear you are dating yourself, brother!

;-)

DEW

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I am an old fart Dew 😉

Corn Flakes with 2% milk, or to completely negate the health effects of said cereal, with WHOLE MILK!!!

Comment

charms, hold the Luckys!

Comment

Pretty much anything, eating with Half & Half kicks it up a notch or two.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. Just did that the other day. My wife does NOT approve of this.

Nothing like Raisin Bran full of slice bananas

Comment

I've been eating Apple jacks since they were Apple O's , probably close to 50 years now. When I get hungry for cereal I'll go and buy a box. Apples and cinnamon, what's there not to like?

Comment

I may be weird, but I love Grape Nuts and Grape Nuts Flakes. No sugar. For me, its like breakfast crack! I even eat it as a dessert, when I have to eat late at night on work nights.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                How could I forget about Grape Nuts. I used to love eating them warmed up in the micro.

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                I am a huge Grape Nuts Flakes fan. When brewing beer the mash always reminds me of Grape Nuts. Unfortunately it doesn't taste as good after the brewing process.

Raisin Bran Crunch with cold raw milk. I just can't get enough of it. I could eat a whole box at a time. (Big Box) and yes, DEW, I am an Old Codger. Sometimes referred to as a "Grumpy Old Curmudgeon".

Comment

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
                Raisin Bran Crunch with cold raw milk. I just can't get enough of it. I could eat a whole box at a time. (Big Box) and yes, DEW, I am an Old Codger. Sometimes referred to as a "Grumpy Old Curmudgeon".

I've had the before and you're right Barry, it's a hidden gem, very good.

Comment

On this list, I picked corn flakes and Corn Pops. Spinaker I agree with you, the fattier the milk (or even like Jerod says, half & half) the better on cereal. A bowl of good ol' corn flakes is comfort food.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                    Nothing like Raisin Bran full of slice bananas
                    This one's for You DWC. I will say I am not a banana fan unless peanut butter is involved but it's pretty good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6442.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	52812
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                      Jon Solberg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm looking forward to DWC view of bananas

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Now that's a bowl of goodness. Jon I like bananas very much especially when the wife makes her delicious banana pudding

Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Capn' Crunch Crunch Berries are my fav's.

My wife buys me Rasin Bran though - I have grown to like it.

The Special K with Red Berries is ok too in a pinch.

If 100% up to me and I have the time - screw cereal, I want some garlic cheese grits with 2 runny eggs on top.

Comment

• _Keith
                      _Keith commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've never made grits fresh. Do you have a recipe for garlic cheese grits that a northerner like me could benefit from?

• HC in SC
                      HC in SC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure - I'll post one under the "sides" in the Pit threads.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here