Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jalapeno Popper Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalapeno Popper Crackers

I had a few jalapeños, some bacon that had been in the fridge for awhile, and a block of cream cheese in the fridge so I decided to make a few poppers to use up the bacon and jalapeños before they went bad. Since I only had 3 jalapeños (large ones) I made up the cream cheese mix using a third of a block of cream cheese, a few shakes of MHM rub, a few shakes of cajun seasoning, a few shakes of "potatoe ole" seasoning, some brown sugar, a squeeze of lime, and a splash of Worcestershire. Stuffed the peppers and wrapped in bacon and into the cookshack for a couple hours at 225. I had a bit of the stuffing mix left over so I spread it on a cracker and topped it with a pickled jalapeño slice. I REALLY liked it, it's almost addictive.

I've attached a few pics of the poppers prior to cooking. They were too fat to fit in the jalapeño rack without falling over so I leaned them against each other and used a few toothpicks towards the bottoms to act as supports. It will be interesting to see how they stand up when they start cooking down. Hope they don't fall over!

Here's the "spread" recipe if anybody's interested. I'm guessing the amounts of spices and flavorings to add based on the small batch I made, so feel free to adjust according to your taste, BUT, don't blame me if you make this and eat an entire box of crackers.

1 package cream cheese softened
    1 tsp BBQ rub (Meatheads w/ salt)
    1 tsp cajun seasoning
    1 tsp "Cajun Potatoes" seasoning (recipe below - great on hash browns!)
    1/2 tsp worcestershire
    1 tsp lime juice
    1 loose TBS brown sugar

Mix all ingredients and spread on crackers (I used Club Whole Grain) and top each cracker with a couple pickled jalapeño slices.

"Cajun Potatoes" Seasoning
    6 tsp. salt
    3 tsp. ground white pepper
    3 tsp. ground black pepper
    3 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
    6 tsp. onion powder
    6 tsp. garlic powder
    2 1/4 tsp. ground cumin

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3567.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	48827

Name:	IMG_3568.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	48826

I am already salivating. Can't wait to see the done pics.

Comment

Here's a few shots after the cook. In the first shot you can see the bacon wasn't how I wanted it, especially where they had been touching each other in the smoker, so I crisped them under the broiler for a few minutes. Pretty tasty. I think next time I'll add some cheddar to make the stuffing a bit more gooey and smoke for another 30 minutes or so.

Name:	IMG_3569.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	48883

Name:	IMG_3570.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	48882

Name:	IMG_3571.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	48884
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, dig the holder.

Comment

• Dr ROK
          Dr ROK commented
          Editing a comment
          Holder was an elcheapo I picked up somewhere. Holes are way to small. Anybody have one they really like?

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here