Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pig Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnmcq4
    replied
    I have to try some of these recipies. I may add an ingredient from my wife's version of bacon wrapped water chestnuts. They are a favorite.

Leave a comment:

• jharner
    commented on 's reply
    You would be surprised how far you can stretch a raw piece of bacon

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Mike. I just need to hold on to it as long as I can, I know it won't last! CaptainMike

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Great post Uncle John!! One of the great joys in my life is having children help in the kitchen. I loved it when I was a child and it's wonderful to share that magic. They will remember these moments for the rest of their lives.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thank You, Kathryn. Nothing is better than having their help. I know it won't last forever. fzxdoc

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    What a sweet cook, and great helpers you have there. Must have been a blast!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    What a great post! The kids must have had so much fun helping out. The photos are amazing because they show how happily into it they are. You've got yourself a great memory there, Spinaker , which will last long after those pig shots are gone.

Kathryn

• SmokingSteve
    commented on 's reply
    It's good to see that your nephew is being raised properly, Go Vikings!

• Lazy Layne
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I went with the OG recipe on this go round.....I had my helpers with me today, which I absolutely LOVE. Cooking becomes that much better when these little clowns are there to help! They are the greatest thing to ever happen to my kitchen!

I started with some jalapeño-cheddar kielbasa from Costco and sliced them in to thick 1/2" "coins" for the base in my shot glasses. Then I wrapped them in some cold, thick-cut bacon. The thicker coin helps you skewer the bacon to the kielbasa!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3499.jpg Views:	1 Size:	271.1 KB ID:	631447

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3496.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.5 KB ID:	631439Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3495.jpg Views:	1 Size:	260.3 KB ID:	631440
    After making the pig shot glasses I had my niece (Sara) give a small squirt of Siracha into the bottom of the pig shot. (We had to do some test squirts first!)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3483.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	631443
    Anyway, we blended up a mixture of sour cream, cream cheese and some Vermont Sharp Cheddar. Then I added some Slabs rub to the mix for some smokey flavoring and salt. (Sara is the best helper I could ask for!!) Here she is putting the cream cheese mixture into the 1-gallon zip lock, just before dispensing into the shots.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3479.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	631441Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3490.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	631442
    Sara was in charge of filling all of the Shots and making sure not to add too much to each pig shot. (Her younger brother, John, was not as careful..... )
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3487.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	631444
    After we added the cream cheese, it was time for the little shrimp to be added to the top. Sara and John both helped out with this one.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3492.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	631445
    I can not wait to get these cooking tomorrow. Look how proud these kids are of their hard work! I was melting the entire time they were doing this. Come to think of it, they pretty much did all of it. This really is why we do what we do. Happy Super Bowl Everyone. I am beyond lucky to have such wonderful assistants to make my Super Bowl special!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3494.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	631446

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Nice improv, way to think on your feet!

• SMOG MAN
    commented on 's reply
    You might have hit on something... I’m in!

• IowaGirl
    replied
    AR's latest facebook post by Clint Cantwell is about fried pickles. Yum. Whattabout adding pickle slices to Pig Shots?

.... wandering off to see what deli pickles I've got in the fridge ....
    Last edited by IowaGirl; February 2, 2019, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I picked up the goodies for this tonight. I am going to use Jalapeño Kielbasa, White Cheddar, thick-cut hickory bacon, Melidnas hot sauce, and Cowboy caviar!

I can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Fantastic recipe

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here