Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peterbilt123 Try some after only 10 days or so. I did wow talk about Smokey flavor!! but at 2 weeks it had mellowed enough to eat!! Maybe you dont have to wait 30 days (unless you have done your own taste tests and determined that 30 days is optimal!! in which case good luck with that!!)
    Last edited by GadjetGriller; January 11, 2017, 04:05 AM. Reason: spelling its always spelling

Comment

• Peterbilt123
      Peterbilt123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I almost opened one yesterday just to see. I think I will open one up tomorrow. I'm excited to see what its like. I've never used oak on cheese before and cant wait to taste it.

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Let us know how it was!

I opened some of my blocks of cheese last night. I really like the oak wood with the cheddar and Colby but i noticed it was a little strong for the pepper jack. It was still really good but I think 6 hours is a little long, the cheese became a little rubbery on the outside so I'll probably go 4 next time. Three weeks was plenty of time for resting and mellowing the smoke. Can't wait to do it again!

Comment

Well, I let my cheese rest for 20 days, (that's all I could stand before snapping), and the results are well worth the wait. I smoked cheddar, Monterey Jack, Farmers, and a horseradish cheddar. I pulled out the Jack, and a cheddar, but re-vacuum sealed the rest for more sit time. Thanks to this AR thread from Peterbilt123 for helping me make a fantastic product!
      Last edited by Shane Rakow; January 15, 2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Shane Rakow
        Shane Rakow commented
        Editing a comment
        Would somebody tell me how to do the @membername thing so it will show up in red as a link? I tried and failed.

Shane Rakow
      type ampersand + Username
      It is Case-Sensitive ie.: i does not = I. Spaces also matter greatly. I hope this helps, My Friend!
      >>Th' site software is kinda touchy about some things(@#$%^&!!!!); this would be one of them.
      I have many, many times, had to delete, edit, or re-post my submissions to make it appear correctly...
      Be patient, edit as needed, ya got this!!!!
      PM if ya wish...

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I put the @ directly before the name, in the case it is displayed, then put a space after the name before anything else. Seems to work. Whoever wrote the BB software appears to have been asleep during the parsing part of his compiler course - if he took one.

• Shane Rakow
        Shane Rakow commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones hmmm. still trying.

Shane Rakow I had the same problem for a while and the solution is straight forward.

If you are posting simply hit @ and without a space type in at least the exact spelling for at least three of the name alphabetical characters (Capitals count) and you will see a drop down listing, then if you still do not see your target keep typing the exact letters and it should come up. Exact spelling counts just like in grade school and upper and lower case letter are a given.

For comments do the same thing, but you will not get a drop down, so you will need to type out the exact full name beginning with @ and without a space and it will come up after posting. If it is not right then you can always edit it after posting and checking.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Mr. Bones , lschweig , EdF . Thanks everybody for your help!

Comment

Shane Rakow don't give up. It is frustrating at times...
        Ya got mine 4-10, Ten-Roger, A-J-Squared-Away in yer last post....

>>OP : I have tried multiple times t' smoke me some cheese, but it always seems t' do nuthin' but coagulate, an' clog up my pipe screen, an' burn off my finger an' thumbprints.
        Whisky Tango >Deleted< Interrogative, Over???
        Guess my temps 're too high, or summat!!??
        Please, advise, Cheese Gurus!!!
        I loves me some smoked cheese....!!!!

Comment

• Shane Rakow
          Shane Rakow commented
          Editing a comment
          Anything over 90F, and you will have fondue on your driveway, with the dog licking it. Trust me.I usually only smoke cheese in the winter in my add-on cold smoke for my pellet smoker. I think I could use my home made smoke tube in any grill and have it turn out well.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Reckon I bin doin' it all wrong, all along...
          So, ya say ya do yours outside, in yer smoker(s)??? Shoot!!!
          Hmmm...
          I sit, corrected LOL!!! ;-)
          P.S Ain't got no dog no more, so it's jus' me a lickin' th driveway clean... hope I ain't on YouTube yet ;-)
          Seems to saturate up my Zig-Zags, as well....
          Go figger...
          "Outside", th' man sez....

• Shane Rakow
          Shane Rakow commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahah! Good lord, I finally got it. Some days, i'm dang thick.

Shane Rakow Welcome aboard th' train, heehee!!!
        Yer so funny!!! LOL!

Och!!! Guid Laddie!!!

'That'll do Pig. That'll do.' ;-)

Comment

Shop for wood pellet grills, smokers, and griddles. Try new recipes and learn about our 8-in-1 grill versatility. Our grills help you craft BBQ recipes to perfection.

Mr. Bones, This is what I've been using. Just light the pellets with torch and smoke on a cooler day. Works great every time. It also works good when you are smoking anything you want to add a little more smoke for with a pellet grill. I use mine all of the time. Thanks for the kind words Shane Rakow. Im glad you liked the cheese! I hope more people chime in with some different ideas to make this a better thread.

Comment

Many Thanks Peterbilt123 !!! I wanna smoke some cheese soon! Plenty of cold weather opportunity right about now...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here