Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rum Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rum Balls

These are crazy good! You'll likely eat them soon so go ahead and make two batches. One for now and one for later. The recipe is from my wife's late Aunt.

AUNT SARA’S RUM BALLS

2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (finely chopped; recommend using a food processor)
    3 tablespoons rum
    1 cup chopped pecans
    4 tablespoons dark corn syrup

Wear rubber gloves!
    Blend all ingredients together and shape into small balls.
    Roll balls in powdered sugar.
    Store in tightly closed container.

The longer they sit, the more potent!

Haha, I love this idea, thanks! These would making sitting around the table after dinner listening to certain family members drone on about nothing a bit more bearable.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don't wear gloves when making them you'll notice a difference in how you feel then as well!

Ha! This reminds me of a potluck of sorts we had at work about 20 years ago and one of the guys brought in some rum balls. He took the lid off those suckers and the aroma enough about made us loupy. As the day went on they had turned to soup and we were eating rum balls with a spoon. By the end of the day we didn't have to go across the street for cocktails (even though we still did) because the rum balls had succeeded in making a few people tipsy. For whatever reason, have haven't had them since. Probably because nobody makes them. Thanks for sharing fuzzydaddy !

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome!

Well now I have something to try for an upcoming carry in. Thanks for the share.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      You are most welcome.

Thanks fuzzydaddy

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to share.

I'd be concerned about those rubber gloves ruining the whole finger-licking experience ...

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Very true. It is sticky so when I didn't wear gloves I had a nice amount stuck to me and a bit of rum absorbed too!

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Well then ... win win, I'd say!

Oh and don't forget to go pick up a jar of maraschino cherries, pour out the juice and fill with the excess rum/whisky, and let it set for a few days in advance. They go well with the Rum balls.

Comment

• Atalanta
      Atalanta commented
      Editing a comment
      No, no, no. After much experimentation (and it is worth the expense) you take Amarena Cherries, drain the syrup and replace it with maraschino liqueur (such as Luxardo). Let it sit and get friendly.

My mom makes rum balls every year. The well-used recipe says "Bourbon Balls" but she uses rum instead. YUM!

Comment

I will try the cabbage recipe but the thought about explaining "these are Fuzzy's rum balls" makes me laugh too hard!

Comment

That was worth watching Atalanta. I don't know how they kept a straight face while doing the skit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here