Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Cheese Sammies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lschweig
    commented on 's reply
    The mayonnaise is pretty durned good, but I still like butter best as it tastes more like my childhood days and after all we are talking about comfort food.

• lschweig
    commented on 's reply
    What's KAC?

• Brewmaster
    replied
    Sourdough bread and use mayonnaise instead of butter, you get a crisper toast on the sammie, cheese of choice, bacon and a slice of tomato.

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    I'm going to have to side with Shane Rakow here....

Plain old white (maybe honey wheat) bread, butter, and Kraft Singles (let's not get into the debate about that being cheese or not again).... light to medium brown on each side.... Comfort food indeed....

Now occasionally I will throw in the skillet buttered bread, swiss or american, and a big old slice of ham between the two pieces of cheese.... but i view that more as a hot ham and cheese.....

I feel like if you are adding more than cheese, butter, and bread you are making a panini or some other type of grilled/toasted sandwich.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yeah.....don't forget a slice of KAC in the soup too!

• lschweig
    commented on 's reply
    Soup is not required, but makes the combo so much more comforting. Particularly if you add homemade croutons.

• Shane Rakow
    replied
    This is a comfort food for me that needs no altering. Wonder bread, butter, Kraft American cheese. I appreciate the "adult versions" of the grilled cheese, but the one I make is from my childhood, and there are no alterations needed for me when I want my old favorite. Oh, and the Campbells Tomato soup with it is nice but not required.

Leave a comment:

• AZRedneck
    replied
    If I were making one right now, I would use Texas toast, generously buttered with cheddar, pulled brisket point, bacon bits (real bacon, not that pink junk that grows in a plastic jar) and lightly sprinkle cinnamon on the top side before you flip it. Mom made those (minus the brisket) when I was a youngun and I still like them today. Different subject, but try cinnamon on pepperoni pizza, it's yummy!

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Ooooh, that's a really big word to use with butter, cool.

• RonB
    replied
    I occasionally add some beef bologna to my grilled cheese. Another grilled cheese I like is swiss on rye grilled with the aforementioned butter.

Leave a comment:

• bbqoaf
    replied
    I'm a firm believer in fried eggs on grilled cheese. I also really like a generous glop of Dijon mustard on the inside next to the cheese. Chives and chopped hot peppers are always delicious options, and the cheese must be very, very sharp.

Are you a dipper? I'm a fan of KC style Q sauce with some hot sauce mixed in.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Oooh yeah, don't forget the press!

• tbob4
    replied
    Butter, butter, cheddar cheese (plus any others suggested above) and a good cast iron bacon press.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    The streets in Sconi are paved with cheese.

• FireMan
    replied
    Since I'm from the land of cheese, have ya'll got me jazzed for a Great Grilled Cheese sandwich. I think I'm going to try a few cheeses. I really like Spinaker's recommendation of Texas toast. Yeah baby. I really think you just need a little imagination and run with it. Ribeyeguy, go wild with it & we do want pics.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here