Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Cheese Sammies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWCowles
    replied
    Hummm....they all sound the same to me, bread, cheese and butter 😊

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Prophetic, Socrates.

• ribeyeguy
    replied
    Wow, looks like I have a lot of grilled cheese to make. I appreciate all the suggestions but damn, they all sound so good that I'm going to be living on them until mid 2017.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Brewmaster - going to give the mayo on bread a try.

• Nate
    commented on 's reply
    We have a winner!!!!

• lschweig
    commented on 's reply
    Huh look at your last sentence as you may want to edit it.

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    You're correct

• Obi-Dan
    replied
    Ok, I mentioned this once on my FB Page and clearly upset people, divided families, and created a firestorm of untold proportion. So you are warned what I am about to say is very controversial. A grilled cheese sandwich consists only of bread, cheese, and butter. Once you add anything else it ceases being a grilled cheese and becomes a grilled sandwich with cheese.

Leave a comment:

• lschweig
    commented on 's reply
    Yep they are mighty fine and thanks to my DW for teaching me that trick.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Kraft American Cheese!

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    Ohhh, fried seasoned bread. I like the sound of that!

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    I mix butter and mayo 50/50. I need to compare it to all mayo and all butter.

• lschweig
    replied
    For the Campbell's soup made with one can of milk, of course. We like to cut bread into cubes, fry them with lots of butter, garlic salt, pepper, oregano. It does take a while to fry them without burning, but well worth the effort as low temps are a must. Add the fried tasties to the soup and along with the grilled cheese sammie and you are good to go.

You will need more bread than you originally think as they are so tasty.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Why go through all that work just grab a couple of slices of bread and spread some mayo on them and slap a piece or two of cheese on them and enjoy. No skillet to wash 😊

Leave a comment:

• bardsleyque
    replied
    i really like pickle slices sweet or dill mustard too

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here