Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pimento Cheese recipes wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimento Cheese recipes wanted

Looking for some simple and delicious pimento cheese recipes. I’ve looked at the few here in the pit. I’ve enjoyed my share of this from certain restaurants I’ve frequented and some pre-packaged jars I’ve bought. I’ve never made it myself.

I’ve looked up recipes on the internet-web but am looking for some of your favorite ones you’ve made.

With cream cheese or without cream cheese it doesn’t matter. I’ve tried both and enjoy both.

Also on the concept of pimento cheese I’ve been thinking about some variations. Maybe they already exist called something else but by changing the cheese and pimentos I’m thinking other variations.

Use pepper jack cheese and jalapeños (not sure if pickled or raw would be better).

Go with provolone and black olives with some Italian seasoning added in.

Mixing in carrots and celery and blue cheese might be tasty.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

I like mine with sharp cheddar, roasted red jalapenos, mayo, cream cheese and seasoning. Keep it simple imo.

Comment

Back when we were in grad school, my mother would ship her pimento cheese out to me in LA all the way from Kansas. Hers was the ultimate in simplicity: grated Longhorn colby, Miracle Whip and pimentos from the short little jars. My wife would turn up her nose at it, so I got it all to myself...

Edit to add: back then, the proper pronunciation was "pamenta".

Comment

Here’s my preferred recipe(loosely followed):

8 oz finely grated sharp cheddar
        8 oz med coarsely grated jack cheese
        8oz cream cheese, more/less to preferred texture
        Dukes mayo to taste, I start a beeping Tsp, add until I get it like I like it.
        3 Tsp drained, diced pimentos
        2-3 Tsp pickled diced jalapeños
        1 tsp Jalapeño brine
        SPG to taste
        pinch or 3 of cayenne pepper

Use hand mixer to combine, after cream cheese is throughly softened. Obviously this can be modified a million different ways, with various cheeses, peppers, etc. But technique is important.

I like to eat with pork skins and crystal hot sauce. Ritz crackers will do in a pinch.
        Last edited by au4stree; March 11, 2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here