Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shotgun shells to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun shells to go

Heading to a party Saturday evening.
    was asked if I could bring a batch of the shotgun shells that the hosts have enjoyed at our home in the past. Trying to figure out best way to do this...
    Can smoke them at home on Saturday no problem. Just afraid reheating on site may not work out so well..
    Thoughts and / or suggestions?

Yes, I would definitely reheat them... Anything else?

It really depends on the equipment available and how close to serving the shells are.

Right off the bat, I would go with a microwave oven in short bursts

Comment

So,
      my thoughts are that I'm going to put these on to smoke for 45-60 minutes. Hopefully they catch enough smoke in that short time. That should get them about half done. I'll then transport to the party, and finish in the oven when I get there. I have a heat bag I can transport them in, but I think they will still need some oven time on site, even if I complete them fully before transport 🤷‍♂️
      I guess we'll see how this experiment goes

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here