Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruffles KFC chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruffles KFC chips

Has anyone else had the mis-fortune of picking up these Ruffles KFC chips?
    I don’t eat they’re actual chicken anymore but I do kinda remember it’s taste and this crap ain’t nothing like that taste.
    Kind of a weak BBQ salty whatever....
    Available for a limited time only and that time can’t come soon enough.
    Attached Files

I have yet to taste a limited-edition chip that isn’t utter crap. I just stick with the ol’ standbys like sea salt and salt & vinegar.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't eat chips (other than tortilla) very often, but when I do it's salt and vinegar.

Walkers in the UK (Lays) started the whole random theme flavors. My favorite is Builders Breakfast, followed by Cajun Squirrel. American Cheeseburger was actually really spot on in flavor.

Oddly, I didn't like a single flavor Lays did when they tried the same annual stunt in the US

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      They had cheeseburger up here last year, I didn't mind it but in the end tasted too much like dill pickle chips and less like a cheeseburger.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      Editing a comment
      smokin fool that's pretty much what I thought too, kinda like the only school McDonalds cheeseburger, pickle forward

I will say these are really good.

Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Seen stuff like that up here though when your getting into the $5 and over range for a bag of chips, I'm buying something else.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I do get that. That said, you do get what you pay for.

I'll stick to these.

Attached Files

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are good.

I find when potato chip manufacturers go off the beaten path of flavors they tend to end up with just OFF Flavors, the kind that repels mosquitoes AND taste buds.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Utz dill pickles are a win, so were the old fajita flavored fritos. Other than those two...I agree

I agree with Jerod. Anyone remember the New Coke?……🙄 Hard to beat the old standbys though. One of my favorites here!…..
    Click image for larger version  Name:	67200D26-1873-4542-8176-BC3ED70F4D7C.png Views:	3 Size:	205.4 KB ID:	1296072
    Last edited by Panhead John; September 18, 2022, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually like these Fritos….

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      Editing a comment
      I do like those, thankfully I don't see 'em often

HEB had limited edition Apple Pie chips today, I’m not brave enough to try them. My favorites are schlotzky’s cracked black pepper, and Central Market sweet Thai Chilie waffle chips. Not sure how far out of Texas either of those get.

Comment

We do like ALL DRESSED

Comment

Bit of a chipaholic myself but will agree most limited edition offers don't make the grade. I will say these taste good and have some heat.
        Not as much as Doritos Flaming Hot .... that are hot, really hot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220919_084929.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	1296276

​​​​​​​

Comment

I don't get into the flavored chips, just give some plain old ruffles or wise

Comment

I remember having these ones and thought "yep, that tastes like pecan pie. Not bad."

Name:	001689282.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1296507

These were also pretty decent. Tasted pretty similar to biscuits and gravy:

Name:	2f099ae2-3ee7-4620-92a3-8b1391a8f01b_1.53f96cebcba0577f1777d248cbd1d21e.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1296508

But overall I would probably just choose plain potato chips if I saw any of these flavors side by side with the originals.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here