Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Don't Think So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murdy
    replied
    At $12 a bag, the price is more a deterrent to me trying them than the flavor!

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    replied
    Well, I've eaten fugu and horse while living in Japan. Fugu is rather tasteless and isn't something I'd go out of my way to eat again.

Horse on the other hand is a rare and wonderfully tasting meat. The few places that have it usually get around a pound per delivery, so it's usually sold out. The dish is called Basashi and it is thinly sliced (think Carpaccio) rib eye with a raw quail egg on top and dipped in a sauce of soy, ginger and fragrant shiso. This is a dish I seek out whenever I visit Japan.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    For years now when I go to visit my sister in Dallas my packing has been the same, 2 socks, 2 ginch, 2 shirts, 8 bags of Ketchup flavored potato chips, 4 boxes Tetley tea, 2 bottles Crown Royal Northern Tradition....none are not available in Texas.
    If I need clothes they'll do laundry or take me to Marshalls.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    Nope! I'm good. I'm not even sure I can eat cheese for awhile, now that I've learned about Casu martzu.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Wedunne For organizational purposes, yes. For popularity, not likely

• Wedunne
    commented on 's reply
    So if he posted a recipe for horsemeat chips, that would be ok?

• Huskee
    replied
    Please remember, the Recipes sub-channels are for posting actual recipes, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    No Thank You,

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    started a topic I Don't Think So

I Don't Think So

If you want to sample these at $12 a bag please do so. I'm down on horse, maggots and puffer fish.
    https://www.foodandwine.com/news/msc...32fd0001fdefaa

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here