Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Poppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Poppers

Making some more today. I used the same Sweet Italian sausage pulled pork from first Poppers for the meat filling. Added the meat filling to cream cheese, and shredded extra sharp cheddar. Then added Sriracha sauce, Worcestershire, and half of a finely diced fresh onion. 4 pieces of chopped bacon and then letting it sit to soften a bit. Halved and seeded 15 giant jalapenos and will stuff in a bit and sprinkle half with chipotle/Guajillo powder mix. Going to have with dinner tonight, NY strip with mushrooms in demi-glace (I got from chef at work, traded 10 of these poppers for a bit) and a fresh veg.

Nice trade.

Comment

I did half with the pork and half with beef.

Vacuum sealed ready to go

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150927-_DSC2869.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	570.2 KB
ID:	112563

Had to throw one on the smoker with the 2 chucks that are cooking...you know just to make sure .

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150927-_DSC2870.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	112564

Comment

dumb question, why are they cryvaced?

Comment

• gardenfish
          gardenfish commented
          Editing a comment
          To freeze for later consumption

there isn't enough to freeze for later cuz I would eat them all now they looks good

Comment

You freeze once cooked or freeze to cook later??? gardenfish

Comment

• gardenfish
            gardenfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Jerod Broussard I freeze to cook later.When I want some with dinner or for a snack I will thaw then put on the grill and they will be as fresh as the day I made them.

I have been vacuuming for quite a few years. I do steaks, meats, veges cooked and raw, salsas sauces and stocks. Some things freeze great as is and some need a flash cook. Usually 30 seconds or so in a boiling water then into an ice bath then vacuum and freeze for later. It is essential with a big garden to enjoy for the year.
            Last edited by gardenfish; September 27, 2015, 01:03 PM.

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Coolness. I do that with a lot of meat. I cut up a Tri-tip into 8 ounce steaks, dry brined, then seasoned and vacuumed and froze.

I plan to do more once I get the sous vide machine in.

• gardenfish
            gardenfish commented
            Editing a comment
            We started a few years ago with the garden bounty. The stores here usually sell whole prime ribs for $5 lb on Thanksgiving and Christmas. So we usually bu 3-4 around 18-20lbers and cut off some nice meaty beef ribs then cut a lot of ribeye steaks and keep a couple chunks for prime rib. We vacuum the steaks two together and eat through the year. Every one say how can you eat steaks all the time when they are $10-13lb . I use the fat trimmings with extra chuck to make our own ground burger. and we love to make a hundred meatballs or so and have them throughout the year also. The meatballs we make and cook before vacuuming.

We have a lg. chest freezer and a full refridge sized freezer we try to keep stocked.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here