Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuffed Jalapenos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed Jalapenos

Try it this way:
    20 Jalapenos (split in half and seeds removed)
    1 lb tube hot breakfast sausage
    1 medium sweet yellow onion(diced)
    2 blocks cream cheese
    shredded cheddar cheese
    1-2 packs of your favorite bacon(cut in half)

1. Cook sausage in skillet until done and crumbly. (I prefer to make it a little more done to provide more texture)
    2. Add diced onion to skillet for 3 minutes to soften the onion.
    3. Mix Sausage, Onion, Cream cheese and a handful of shredded cheddar in a large bowl.
    4. Spoon mix into jalapeno's so that it is slightly heaping.
    5. Wrap filled jalapenos in the bacon.
    6. place in smoker at 275*-325* and cook for 30 to 40 minutes(until bacon looks done)

Other Ideas: sprinkle cayenne pepper over filled jalapeno before wrapping with bacon for a little more heat. This weekend i am going to sub some chorizo in place of some of the breakfast sausage and replace the cheddar with Cotija cheese to try and make another wonderful flavor. Ill try to let you know how that turns out.

good idea with the chorizo and Cotija... upload us some pics of it!

Comment

I did a similar recipe, but I promise you that what I've read here WORKS! Sounds great Huskerboy No Couch tonite!

-- Ed

Comment

The chorizo definitely sounds interesting. I've been mulling over frying some up, and using as filling along with Cracker Barrel sharped cheddar cheese, and chopped boiled eggs, inside a Jimmy Dean sausage log (none better) smoked fatty roll.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here