Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed the boat, smoked queso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    Thanks for all your ideas, a few I will use next time but I solved my issue by loading meat and cheese on the bottom thicker in the spots where I had less colors to work with... pretty happy how this turned out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210725_110710.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	1066294

Leave a comment:

• SmokingPat
    replied
    How about diced scallions (the whole thing). That bridges the green/white spectrum.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure tomatillo would fit the flavor profile I'm going for, but definitely something I have planned down the road with a similar theme salsa platter I have in my head.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    some interesting ideas there, I like it

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    I have a general recipe in mind, but as usual with me I'm doing something I haven't seen anywhere

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Some of us were smoking quest before it was a "thing." I use Guyere in my mix for a melty touch. Lots of good options above.

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    replied
    This might be a stretch for red, and it would majorly alter the character of the queso, but salmon?

A red berry or skin on apples would take it in a sweeter direction??

Cauliflower for white??

Green: Pistachios, Broccoli, Spinach
    Last edited by Murdy; July 21, 2021, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Here is a recipe JoeSousa posted awhile back that looks pretty good. It is on my long long list of things to try:

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...th-real-cheese
    Last edited by klflowers; July 21, 2021, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Smoked Queso.
    (1) Smoked Queso - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    I was going to say the same.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Someone was asking about using sun dried tomato's in a recipe, this may be just the ticket.
    Preferably the ones not stored in olive/vegetable oil.

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    1 Green: Green Onions / Shallots
    2. White:Garlic, Jicama
    3. Red: Pimiento

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    For red don't forget about chipotle in adobo sauce, loads of flavor and a bit of heat.

Instead of green bell peppers I almost always substitute fire roasted Anahiem chiles, did that tonight with beef fajitas.

Also don't for get about fire roasted tomatillos for part of a green sauce, some yummy stuff that........and lime, don't leave out lime in any of them.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    I’m thinking HouseHomey can help you out here.
    He’s is amazing with flavor profiles.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    You're right, but I meant it as an add-in, perhaps for texture, not as the bulk of the melted cheese. Wasn't clear from how I typed it though mnavarre

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here