Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to order dried chilies from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to order dried chilies from

Spent a couple hours today looking for some dried Guajillo and dried Pasilla chilies around town. I had no luck finding them. Anyone have a mail order company they can recommend?

Thanks

Steve

I got some decent ones from Amazon but that long ago. But anywhere that has a Mexican population should have them.

Comment

I’ve only ordered spices from The Spice House but it looks like they have some dried chiles.

The Spice House online store features exquisite spices, herbs and seasonings. Browse our fabulous selection of spices and recipes and bring your dishes to life.

Comment

I just go to the market. Either the tienda or almost any supermarket in my area has a decent to great selection. Here's a pic from the internet.

Comment

You can try Pendery's (https://penderys.com/), they specialize in chilies. Amazon or any of the online spice companies such as Monterey Bay and Spice Sage would be good sources too.

I'm fortunate to live in an area with large Hispanic and Vietnamese populations; there are several Asian and Latin grocery stores around here so I have ready access to a lot of things that other parts of the country don't. If you are in a bind I can send you some this week.

Comment

I go through Amazon, there are quite a few great selections of quality peppers.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here